Sign in to follow this  
Manny Tavan

Live blackworm

Can you find those locally? I have a picky copperband in QT who hasn’t eaten in three days. I’ll try a fresh clam today but I also want some live blackworm as back up. 

• Like 1

I've seen them but can't remember where. Maybe Kay's off division? I think that's the name but I'm not 100% that's where I saw them

Might try the Wet Spot in Hollywood district if that is more convenient.

sounds like most places with freshwater will carry them. I'll try the shop on division. It's close by. Thanks!

not much else I can do

tried frozen brine with garlic, frozen mysis with garlic, LRS reef frenzy, marine cuisine, flakes, pellets, live blackworms, live copepods...

only other thing to try would be live brine shrimp...

Try reef nutrition roe or arctipods. When I first got my fish I tried a bunch and that's what got them eating. Now they don't touch arctipods but eat everything from pellets to several frozen.

37 minutes ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

Try reef nutrition roe or arctipods. When I first got my fish I tried a bunch and that's what got them eating. Now they don't touch arctipods but eat everything from pellets to several frozen.

Good idea. Where can I find that locally?

38 minutes ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

Good idea. Where can I find that locally?

edit: never mind I think cb’s carries it

ÇB's tropical is where I get mine. It's always super fresh with long expiration date. Call before going as they have limited stock. I also like oyster feast from them. My fish try to eat it, they go nuts.

Its been at last five years,  but I have gotten them to eat by packing some rods food in an old coral skeleton. 

I have some fresh roe that I can give you a bit to try if you stop by tonight or tomorrow. I don't have any of the others currently.