Anyone know how to calibrate ph probe on Apex Fusion

The ReefBox

I replied to your PM about this yesterday, but for some reason it says you “left the conversation” so not sure if you saw my reply:

Click the Tasks icon at the top of Fusion:

6AB3B380-BB6E-48DE-B974-7C1583244238.thumb.jpeg.4052727f161e5a1f67a5ce09a002b3ae.jpeg

Scroll down the list of tasks and click PH Probe Calibration

:026BE424-B4C5-48BB-BF55-72B8455ACA1B.thumb.jpeg.67bc3a4c0421d6fda8ae0b14b50c379d.jpeg

Then follow the on-screen instructions.

Edited by SuncrestReef
  • Like 1

You need the two calibration fluids then you go into the ph setting and should be a calibration button then it has you put it in each fluid to calibrate. Mine always gets stuck on the second fluid and never calibrates. Good luck 

Edited by jonas503
Miss typed.

25 minutes ago, jonas503 said:

You need the two calibration fluids then you go into the ph setting and should be a calibration button then it has you put it in each fluid to calibrate. Mine always gets stuck on the second fluid and never calibrates. Good luck 

The biggest problem with calibration is bubbles in the probe.  To get around this, I use small probe storage bottles filled with the calibration fluid, then invert it so the bubbles float out of the probe.  Works great every time.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-ph-orp-probe-tip-soaker-bottle.html

208130-sensorexprobetipsoakerbottlekit5pack-a.jpg

35 minutes ago, jonas503 said:

Hey Jonas thanks. I know how to calibrate and have the solutions I just could not find settings in fusion

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue. I wanted to recalibrate for a new tank and ph isn't on the task list. It failed calibrating from the controller and settles at "0250" in either solution. I've read these don't go bad too often but it seems to be dead. So my questions are-

Why is ph not on my task list?

Why is the probe staying at 0250 now. It was reading fairly close to accurate before I reset it. 

1 hour ago, Zoolander said:

I am having the same issue. I wanted to recalibrate for a new tank and ph isn't on the task list. It failed calibrating from the controller and settles at "0250" in either solution. I've read these don't go bad too often but it seems to be dead. So my questions are-

Why is ph not on my task list?

Why is the probe staying at 0250 now. It was reading fairly close to accurate before I reset it. 

The reason you don't see pH Calibration in the Fusion task list is because you probably have an older Apex.  The feature set within Fusion is different depending on the model of Apex you own.  Only the latest Apex (2016) and Apex-EL have the full feature set available through Fusion.  For the older Apex Classic, Apex Lite, and Apex Jr., you need to access the Classic Dashboard to calibrate probes, manage Modules, manage Virtual Outputs, and change Network settings.

If you don't know how to access the Classic Dashboard, see this FAQ:

https://support.neptunesystems.com/support/solutions/articles/3000017576-how-to-access-your-classic-dashboard-pc