My new hippo tang is a psychopath

Manny Tavan

This yellow belly hippo has been in the display for two days and started ravaging my corals frags. Came home from work with all my sps frags all over the tank. I watched the tank for a while and then witnessed that tang picking up a frag with its mouth and dropping into the acan on the other side of the tank. How crazy is that. I have a bunch of dead frags now. 

F35143F3-DB7F-4C24-BB1C-4A8851279963.jpeg

Edited by Manny Tavan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Had a blue hippo that ate high end zoas[emoji23]. Made a water bottle fish trap, used some zoas as bait, caught the b!tch, banished to the sump for 2 months, brought it to OIAB for credit, it sold 30 minutes later to an elderly lady with a FOWLR tank.

Never buying Dory, again, lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mine did something similar, not quite as extreme as yours lol but would get excited after feeding still searching for food in and on the rocks and would start tossing frags around. I just glued down anything that wasn't already glued and it was taken care of. Hopefully you will have the same luck!

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...