Do you drip acclimate your fish?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you drip acclimate your fish?

• Yes, of course!
    • Nope, never!
    • I didn't know I needed to!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By marine depot

How to Acclimate Clean Up Crew Invertebrates

Here's how to safely introduce the critters who'll keep your tank clean!

PLUS: Sign up to get early access to our Black Friday deals >

• By nrc
      Howdy,
      I picked up a RBTA from Terry over at Seahorse on Sunday and drip acclimated "her" for 1-1/2 hours before introducing to the tank.   That evening she moved into under a ledge to a very shady spot with low flow.   For the last 48 hours she hasn't moved.   Tonight I offered her a small (approx the size of one half of a peanut) piece of raw shrimp from New Seasons.   She took it quickly and readily.   
      I tried to err on the side of caution with the portion side... I don't want to feed more than she can handle or create any stress.   I'm not planning to spot feed  her again for a couple of days.
      if anyone has any commentary feel free to share...   Too much / too little / too soon to feed?    Pic below from when I first put in the tank, and a second one from just a moment ago (note I lightened the second pic to show a little more detail).

• By milesmiles902
      I was looking around for acclimation videos and found this interview with Reef2Reef and Steve Tyree:

There isn't a whole lot going on in the video (because it's an interview), but there is a lot of good information being said. I just threw it on in the background and listened to it. Definitely have a better understanding of the pests you might find and dipping corals.