April Meet At The Premium Aquarium

badxgillen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some Looooong overdue pictures that I found on my camera memory card listed under a different file\date along with my most recent photos.

Anyhow, obviously these are some follow up pictures of the awesome TPA meeting we had. To start off I must say that it was s gorgeous day in Salem that day, Lexinverts and I car pooled from Corvallis up north with coolers in hand. We know how to be prepared in events like this. You don't walk out of TPA without something that's for sure.

SAM_3613.JPG

We got there a little early to help set things up a little and beat the crowd. This way we also got to see some of the killer coral selection offered up by the Premium Aquarium before it got picked through. Lets see, what do we have here...

SAM_3634.JPG

STOP!!! Hammer Time! Euphyllia forests from what I can see.

SAM_3635.JPG

Next to Acan gardens of all colors.

SAM_3641.JPG

And a nice large selection of fish and inverts in their clean and tidy aquariums.

SAM_3765.JPG

Sneaking around the place I was also able to find some of my favorite local reef addicts. On the left in the blue light is Eli of Aquabiomics and right of him is Lexinverts our club vendors relations officer.

SAM_3687.JPG

El Zorro Reef was there spreading his enthusiasm for top notch corals. I got those spackles for you my friend so save a spot on that frag rack.

SAM_3709.JPG

Reefermadness snagging some CUC from the loaded invert tanks. I got to get that sea hare back to you once I find him, he put in some work for sure.

SAM_3711.JPG

Another cool cat here CJMD , a Salem resident coming in to hang out with the club and to listen in on the guest speaker of the day.

SAM_3720.JPG

Knuckldragger taking a look at the fish in stock. There were some larger fish specimens in that day as well as some real good looking Anthias and clowns.

SAM_3750.JPG

Snappy sharing the love by handing out extra frags of his Pavona and shrooms. Always nice to have a reefer who cares.

SAM_3741.JPG

Albertareef and Flashyfins about ready to get their raffle on. Awesome officers here in our PNWMAS club that help make the club go round.

SAM_3764.JPG

Chief here overlooking the shallow lagoon frag tanks with approval. Another valuable member of the PNWMAS club that has spent years serving behind the scenes helping keep things running smoothly.

SAM_3771.JPG

Board of Director member Youcallmenny and family popped in from the neighborhood. I owe you a long overdue visit here soon my man.

SAM_374622b.jpg

You all know this face, Chef Dave helping run the show in the TPA house! Bag em and Tag em man.

SAM_3780.JPG

And here comes some more of the Premium Aquarium Bad Boys! Left coming in to help wrangle corals is Cool Kid Chris, middle is the TPA main man himself Garret, and right is NateDawg.

SAM_3727.JPGSAM_3727.thumb.JPG.e4f4076749cd5bd4c0734

As you know it was not a bad line up of raffle items for this meeting, I had my eyes on a few and my tickets prioritized... But you can't win em all, but I sure tried.

SAM_383522b.jpg

Golden Basket gift certificate going to Snappy here. Open on Saturdays I believe, you can go in and snag something new and exciting for your aquarium.

SAM_3850.JPG

Mike must be having a lucky day to be winning that Prime light! I have seen some nice looking colors from that unit so get it dialed in right or use the pre setup programs.

SAM_3844.JPG

The prize circ pump quiet drive went to Cjmdh, perfect for that upcoming tank upgrade.

SAM_3841.JPG

The Ehiem Auto Feeder winning ticket was picked up by JeremEvans whom I am sure will put it to good use.

SAM_3835.JPG

Digital Salinity pen tester headed home with the Deuce. I still want to see how these compare to other methods we all use.

SAM_3812.JPG

Seasonedreef, one of many people who were very interested in the speaker of the day, that was able to get a Aquabiomics sample test kit. There was a limited number of promotional kits being handed out so it was luck of the draw. I just got mine processed in a few days ago.

SAM_3797.JPG

And speaking about speakers! Here he is, our new sponsor Eli of Aquabiomics. In this particular picture he is going through the process of showing the steps of performing the samples for his microbiome DNA sequencing. Just the right amount of pressure is needed to allow the water to be strained by the micron filter leaving behind the population of bacteria.

SAM_3802.JPG

And then the accumulated bacteria can be preserved by passing a Ethyl Alcohol through them, making them viable for processing. Over time the data base from the numerous collected reef tank biomes can hopefully be utilized for valuable information to help us have insight on keeping successful reefs beyond just the basic chemistry checks. I am almost scared to see how my bacteria population compares to others or natural reefs. I imagine over time there can be a lack of abundance or one kind can become slighted. I imagine, as usual, balance is key...But only time and more tests will tell.

Afterwards he was more than happy to answer all the questions we could throw at him, and being an OSU coral biology professor he was great in delivering the answers. Thank you so much for your patience Eli.

After dispersing some it was time once again time to look at the livestock and the display tank. Maybe pick something out to buy even though I have no space left in my home aquariums.

SAM_3670.JPG

won't take long before you can't see the counter through the SPS fields.

SAM_3675.JPG

Speaking of successful reefs here is some shots of the TPA display tanks just chugging along.

SAM_3682.JPG

Mmmm Mmm, mighty fine!

So essentially it was yet another killer PNWMAS meeting with an amazingly informative speaker and a gracious sponsor for a host. Our officers and board of directors really nail it when it comes to meetings like this, one not to have been missed.

Thank You All!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, albertareef said:

Likewise.  Odd.

@Chief, @TheClark:  When I try to open the image files directly, I get this error code from Amazon:

<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>
monthly_2019_06/SAM_3682.JPG.a0f25ff3fee5eacbd0130aa5f4aeb3d2.JPG
</Key>
<RequestId>D0E9F860579B02EA</RequestId>
<HostId>
/vTi1OiTjyoEC3uucb82nMQi+GXxScALPziiAMeuB83yW+4c2xs/liLisMC/MIK6CO3uj//dBrk=
</HostId>
</Error>

Yeah, looks like IPB glitched and did not upload the images, amazon sure does not see them by that name.  

I edited the post, changed nothing, hit save and now its all there.  Looks like IPB fixed references at that point.  Might need to CTRL-R your browser.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheClark said:

Yeah, looks like IPB glitched and did not upload the images, amazon sure does not see them by that name.  

I edited the post, changed nothing, hit save and now its all there.  Looks like IPB fixed references at that point.  Might need to CTRL-R your browser.

I see the photos now!  Thanks.

Wow, looks like I missed a good meeting.

Another great write up in the continuing saga of PNWMAS!  I love these so much.  It's funny, you get so wrapped up in the meeting, raffles, coral etc. that I often don't even see who all was there until Bert does his write up.  Totally missed Jay @Chief somehow.  Thanks again to our TPA hosts and all of you who came out for this one.

• Like 1