Puffer eats everything!

xxkenny90xx

Mine would eat live or frozen food. Depending on your setup, you might try a frozen silverside. Get one large enough that the puffer needs 5 minutes to finish devouring it, and the tangs can finish the seaweed simultaneously. 

Ive found that there is zero controlling a fishes healthy appetite. The healthiest fish I've ever had have been the most aggressive eaters. If he eats too much, get him in a tank with similar dieting fish. Otherwise, put more food in and make sure skimmer can keep up. 

Im unaware of anything that might make it eat more slowly. 

Thanks for the advice guys

That's sort of the approach I take during regular feeding time. Give him a crab and while he's eating It i feed the other fish.

I am hoping to find some type of contraption that will keep the seaweed from him while the tangs eat it. Typically I would agree to feed the fish until it stops eating but I've read that these puffers will eat themselves sick?? 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:08 PM, xxkenny90xx said:

Typically I would agree to feed the fish until it stops eating but I've read that these puffers will eat themselves sick?? 

What the worst that could happen? He bloats up and ends up looking puffy?

• Like 1