Big Leak!

xmas_one

Easy fix. Flex seal (as seen on tv)!!
Yeah, flex seal!
Well, to be honest, I had a crack of about 6" on the bottom of my external overflow box, running in between 2 bulkheads. So, imagine a crack running from one bulkhead to another. Anywho, leak was pretty bad. I turned off the return pump and left the gyres running for circulation. Ran to Ace, actually drove to Ace, picked up some Flex Tape, got home, cut a piece of flex tape, slapped it on and the leak completely stopped. Go figure! It actually worked!
Tape is really sticky. Need to be somewhat precise with application bcuz once it's on, there's no re-do's!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Yeah, flex seal!
Well, to be honest, I had a crack of about 6" on the bottom of my external overflow box, running in between 2 bulkheads. So, imagine a crack running from one bulkhead to another. Anywho, leak was pretty bad. I turned off the return pump and left the gyres running for circulation. Ran to Ace, actually drove to Ace, picked up some Flex Tape, got home, cut a piece of flex tape, slapped it on and the leak completely stopped. Go figure! It actually worked!
Tape is really sticky. Need to be somewhat precise with application bcuz once it's on, there's no re-do's!

Good to know that actually worked!  Is it still on there 😃

• Like 1

Good to know that actually worked!  Is it still on there [emoji2]
Yes, Sean, it is!
Haven't had the time to cut the bottom out and weld another piece of acrylic, but this will definitely work for now. In the meantime, I'm thinking of cutting my boat in half and using the rest of the flex tape to see if it'll hold the 2 halves together. If it does, I'm buying some stocks! [emoji16]

• Haha 1