Show me your deep water pieces!

Krux

I am slowly transitioning my tank away from its original focus of only OG corals to one that is more deep water and smooth skin dominated, luckily for me there are several classics that fall into that category, so I can sort of two for one there.

So far I have picked up the following (that are still alive) and the bug just keeps biting: hawkins, retina blaster, icefire, hellboy, 40k lokani, wwc blue monster, bc ruby tipped granny, red gecko, and a turquoise caroliniana.

I am seeking inspiration from some local tanks (especially if anyone wants to help feed my addiction).

Here is the caroliniana and the hellboy to get it started.

IMG_6729.JPG

IMG_6388.JPG

Edited by Krux
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I just started another thread about Skittles granulosa and other smoothies, but here's my favorite right now.  Glad to see someone else enjoying these instead of tenuis nowadays ;)

EC Valentina/Hung's Rainbow

PC051688.jpg

And here's a little no namer getting really interesting polyps, starting out blue/purple and suddenly transitioning to red/orange as they age.  Pardon the photosynthetic flatworms, haha! 

PC051679.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...