Frog fish success stories

PowderBlue

I had a fuzzy angler fish the size of a billiards ball for about a year. They can eat prey their own body size apparently. I’d gotten a green wolf eel in the same tank for about a month or two. All seemed fine the first month or two until one morning I’d woken up and found my wolf eel missing and my angler had doubled in size. The angler was so big it was leaning sideways and looked about to burst. I never weighed them, but would have theorized the eel to have been the same size even a fraction larger. 

Most of the fish in the aquarium ate frozen food. The angler fish can be a bit tricky. I needed to progress from live food,  to skewering a silverside and making it move about the aquarium in a swimming motion to entice the angler to eat. If it didn’t move, he wouldn’t eat it. 

• Like 1

I had a fuzzy angler fish the size of a billiards ball for about a year. They can eat prey their own body size apparently. I’d gotten a green wolf eel in the same tank for about a month or two. All seemed fine the first month or two until one morning I’d woken up and found my wolf eel missing and my angler had doubled in size. The angler was so big it was leaning sideways and looked about to burst. I never weighed them, but would have theorized the eel to have been the same size even a fraction larger. 
Most of the fish in the aquarium ate frozen food. The angler fish can be a bit tricky. I needed to progress from live food,  to skewering a silverside and making it move about the aquarium in a swimming motion to entice the angler to eat. If it didn’t move, he wouldn’t eat it. 

Holy smokes that’s wild!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk