Trident dreams

CrazyInside

Does anyone have dreams about your tank? Had one last night that the apex trident was released 😂

I don’t know about the rest of you but I hate testing. The thought of never testing again and always knowing your alk, mag, calc, salinity, and ph is just makes me overly excited.  Every now and then adjust your dosers as things are growing. Apex has already made things much easier, but I feel like this will be the best thing in reef keeping.

I know it will be around $700 when it comes out, but I’d pay $1500 today if they would give me one of the tester units. Apparently I’m incredibly lazy 😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't really mind manual testing and do so every day.  However, the thing I'm looking forward to with Trident is having it run multiple tests per day to really see how stable (or unstable) the parameters are over time.  There's no way I would ever manually test more than once per day, but if it's automated I'll love having that level of insight.

I hope someone can come up with a similar automation for NO3 and PO4 testing.

21 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

I don't really mind manual testing and do so every day.  However, the thing I'm looking forward to with Trident is having it run multiple tests per day to really see how stable (or unstable) the parameters are over time.  There's no way I would ever manually test more than once per day, but if it's automated I'll love having that level of insight.

I hope someone can come up with a similar automation for NO3 and PO4 testing.

I wish I had this kind of dedication. I can force myself to do it for a few days in a row. Then I realize it’s been 2 weeks since I’ve tested anything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PowderBlue said:

Isn’t there already a machine out that tests robotically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are several systems currently available:

• KH Guardian
  • Alkatronic
  • Reefbot
  • a few other less popular products

The Trident will be the first to directly integrate with the Apex controller, whenever it finally becomes available for purchase.

There are several systems currently available:
  • KH Guardian
  • Alkatronic
  • Reefbot
  • a few other less popular products
The Trident will be the first to directly integrate with the Apex controller, whenever it finally becomes available for purchase.

Oh nice! I wish I was rich lol I’ll stick to manual testing [emoji38]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PowderBlue said:

Isn’t there already a machine out that tests robotically? Edit yes Randall there is, it’s called the reefbot

I’ve been following reefbot since it’s already released. There is a bit owners thread in reef2reef with the majority of owners reporting problems. 

Im really hoping apex has a smooth release. It’s good they are doing so many rounds of NSI testing to get it right. 

• Like 1

the thing that the trident WON'T do is adjust things. I think this gives the edge to the alkatronic IMO. If your home, it's not an issue, but if I am away then I want the system to compensate a little. I would suspect that the apex programming is going to be focused entirely on using a DOS unit to adjust... and I think those are ridiculously over priced for what they are.

I am hoping the prices comes down a little when the trident gets to market and I will pick one up.

And...there is the ABEX tester..supposed to do nitrate and phos as well. probably wouldnt buy it just for the name.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

the thing that the trident WON'T do is adjust things. I think this gives the edge to the alkatronic IMO. If your home, it's not an issue, but if I am away then I want the system to compensate a little. I would suspect that the apex programming is going to be focused entirely on using a DOS unit to adjust... and I think those are ridiculously over priced for what they are.

I am hoping the prices comes down a little when the trident gets to market and I will pick one up.

And...there is the ABEX tester..supposed to do nitrate and phos as well. probably wouldnt buy it just for the name.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Terrence publicly confirmed the Trident will be able to control the DOS in this recent video.  (skip to 38:24 to see it)

You're correct that it won't integrate with non-DOS pumps, but since I'm already using a DOS for 2-part, I'm pretty excited.