The greatest thing I've ever designed for me and this hobby

That is why mix as soon as it's empty or low for the next change.  It takes at minimum 3 days to stabilize plus if I have to add more salt I want a few more days extra.  I am running 10 tanks so 165 gallons does not last me long.  One to two weeks depending the amount I change.  Last weekend I did deep cleaning on my sumps and used the whole thing. 

That is why mix as soon as it's empty or low for the next change.  It takes at minimum 3 days to stabilize plus if I have to add more salt I want a few more days extra.  I am running 10 tanks so 165 gallons does not last me long.  One to two weeks depending the amount I change.  Last weekend I did deep cleaning on my sumps and used the whole thing. 
That's interesting. Especially because some mixes, like Red Sea Pro I believe, advise not to mix longer than 4 hours. I believe it can cause undesirable precipitation.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, milesmiles902 said:

Andrew....if you can build that. You can build this:

image.png

Just remember to leave space in the garage.

p.s. Also, remember to accommodate the index of refraction from the glass container. Plus, refractometers have a measured prism to precisely angle the declination of light from the glass and saltwater. i.e. three prism "like" processes

Image result for refractometer

Tan of theta, brings back memories.  Wish I could remember trig such a handy math skill....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Higher Thinking said:

That's interesting. Especially because some mixes, like Red Sea Pro I believe, advise not to mix longer than 4 hours. I believe it can cause undesirable precipitation.

That is interesting but that also conflict with water management best practice as you do not want water to still.  If you do not have water movement it increases the chance for algea growth and ph will typically drop.

7 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

yes and from the 3 week storage video brs just posted the raised alk drops almost 2 points after 48 hours. 

• Like 2

I'm not trying to be a debbie-downer here or anything, but what are those metro racks rated for? I'm sure you know, since you're putting a bunch of weight on em! I just never would of thought of using something like that for water storage. A very economical idea I'll have to keep in mind. 

Nice design, sir! 

• Like 1

I'm not trying to be a debbie-downer here or anything, but what are those metro racks rated for? I'm sure you know, since you're putting a bunch of weight on em! I just never would of thought of using something like that for water storage. A very economical idea I'll have to keep in mind. 
Nice design, sir! 
Rated for 400 pounds each.

• Like 1