New to Washington

Boydreef

I have been reefing for a little over a year. I will be moving to Kent, Wa in July.

Selling my current set up and starting fresh out there. Looking into a water box 28.2 AIO frag tank. I like the shallow tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boydreef said:

I have been reefing for a little over a year. I will be moving to Kent, Wa in July.

Selling my current set up and starting fresh out there. Looking into a water box 28.2 AIO frag tank. I like the shallow tanks.

Welcome Boydreef!  Good luck with the move and finding a lagoon tank that works for you.  Definitely a lot of positives to those shallow tanks for sure - I think you will find a lot of other fans of those on the site.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Boydreef said:

What are some of the go to LFS’s?

I think Barrier Reef Aquarium is up near there.  They are a sponsor for PNWMAS and take part in activities such as the annual Frag Fest we host in the Vancouver/PDX area.  Definitely worth a look.  https://www.barrierreefaquariums.com  You can browse our sponsor section to see some of the other options or check out the LFS group on our "Member Map" page - although the majority of those are closer to Portland.  There will be another shop opening up in Vancouver in the not too distant future so you will probably hear more about that on the site soon.  There are several good shops in Portland and points South if you want to take a road trip at some point (Cuttlefish and Coral, Seahorse Aquarium Supply, Paradise Corals, Upscales, All Things Aquarium, The Premium Aquarium) but I am sure others will chime in with options.

• Like 1

Barrier Reef has kind of been my go to, there are a couple more in Seattle but i wasnt too impressed (and that is a longer drive for me, so maybe that is why).  also on the Peninsula there is 'The Shark Reef', not too bad and worth a pop in every now and again.  I dont buy too much anymore though.

• Like 1