March Meeting at Paradise Coral

badxgillen

Sorry about the suspense people, after some communication and some coordination with our PNWMAS team, we have some great news!

The 2019 March meeting will be held at one of our awesome sponsors, Paradise Corals in Hillsboro. Not only is he opening up the floor in his shop for us to come in to meet and greet, but our PNWMAS member WhatTheFrag will be giving a talk and demonstration on reef tank photography! This will be a great time to learn a few thing, aska c ouple questions, and maybe just fine tune some oh those photography skills of yours... I don't know about you, but I know I need all the help I can get.

Where - Paradise Coral 229 E Main St, Hillsboro, OR 97123

When - 1:00 Saturday March 30th

What - Bring your camera if you have one and get a few pointers from some of our photo experienced members...AND, Bring your coolers to keep some corals in cause Mr  Bret has some very nice pieces in his shop.

This is gonna be another fun one for sure, so save the date and don't miss out on this informative event.

And as usual, stay tuned for more details about the upcoming shindig.

• Like 10

On 3/5/2019 at 10:42 PM, albertareef said:

Excited for our first ever PNWMAS event at Paradise Coral!  Great opportunity to check out the shop if (like me) you haven’t made it there yet and also catch some photo advice from the pros. Good times!

You have not been out there yet ? cmon now get with it.............:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dang haha, I always wanna go to the meetings but they are usually on Sundays (which I work) then one lands on Saturday but I’ll be out of state taking the kids somewhere for sprint break. Everyone will have a great time out at Paradise Corals.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 5:46 PM, Gumby said:

Mr. Brett will you have any frags of your Unicorn Poop chalice available at the meeting?

Yes.....ideally i have slowly been cutting off pieces to make it into the shape of the Bat Symbol 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I would also love to hear a light explanation of video workflow from What The Frag, followed the channel and watched them all this morning, would enjoy knowing the basics on how to share quality video.

Edited by Krux
  • Like 2

So the rumors are true and it appears that there will be a group buy on an amazing Symphillia coral. Once the logistics are worked out we will get that information to you all here.

But in other news we have a nice batch of raffle prizes coming your way as well. Check out what you could Win at this months meet!

207096-redsea-foundationprotestkit-inp.jpg

The foundation multi test kit from Red Sea

46469968_735139936856812_6493644557576568832_n__28986.1542633010.650.650.jpg

Maybe a Hanna Salinity and Temperature Tester

ic_1k_gyre_2.jpg

Another chance to win a Gyre 1K flow pump for your aquarium...

MP10-VORTECH-QUIETDRIVE-WIRELESS-1000x1000__50638.1525356787.650.650.jpg

And a nice new Quiet Drive MP10 could be yours as well.

All good stuff to be had, Bret also mentioned that he may be adding a Zoanthid frag pack to the raffle prizes which would be fantastic!

I know I will be grabbing a few raffle tickets this time around.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, albertareef said:

Curious to see what Bret comes up with for the symphillia group buy!  Haven't had one of those for a while...

Well......I have these 2 colonies picked out for it. Will frag each and see how many spots there for each. Price will depend on number of frags made but will be my cost.  Have a nice rainbow and neon green to work with. ( pics by [language filter] )

EiwqOPNv.jpeg

laI7eOAP.jpeg

X25JKCay.jpeg

19 minutes ago, MrBret said:

Well......I have these 2 colonies picked out for it. Will frag each and see how many spots there for each. Price will depend on number of frags made but will be my cost.  Have a nice rainbow and neon green to work with. ( pics by [language filter] )

EiwqOPNv.jpeg

laI7eOAP.jpeg

X25JKCay.jpeg

Nice!  I love that What The Frag's moniker gets scooped by the language filter 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2