Hello from Gig Harbor WA

thetaggeffect

Been in the hobby a while, although have been in the area only a couple years and I just found this website now so I thought I would introduce myself. 

Hi, my name is Mike and I am a reef addict.  I have been in the hobby for quit a few years now and have kept a variety of tanks/critters.  I lived on the east coast until a couple years ago.

I currently have a 180g mixed reef, but may be looking to downgrade to something smaller/less complex soon (work will be requiring me to travel often).  Crappy quick pic attached.

Anybody else the Gig Harbor/Seattle area on here?

20190224_122248.jpg

• Like 3

That is a beautiful tank. Welcome!

Three important things to note about our community:

1. The member map: http://www.pnwmas.org/index.php?app=membermap&module=membermap&controller=showmap
  2. Picture of the month: http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/topic/44402-february-picture-of-the-month-photo-of-favorite-pet/?page=2
  3. The BOD, leaders, and admins rock! They are also gneiss!
Edited by milesmiles902

Welcome!  Looks like you have a nice established tank going.  There are a few members closer to your area.  As Miles alluded to, we just launched a member map app that (for now) is accessible to our paid members which provides the opportunity to add your location (as detailed as you might want) and see where other members of the club are.  There are a few folk along the I5 corridor for sure.  I'm sure you might see a couple of them chime in here when they notice your post.  We do try to have a meeting up that way at least once a year so keep an eye out for the meeting threads in case there is one you might be able to make.  It's a good way to meet some fellow reefers, exchange tips and sometimes swap or buy frags (see yesterday's meeting thread for instance).  Hope you find some helpful info.