New Member Map feature

albertareef

1 hour ago, SuncrestReef said:

Since I had some spare time, I put together a list of some Portland-area LFS with GPS coordinates you Board members can add to the map:

Cuttlefish and Corals
6363 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland, OR 97239
N 45° 27’ 29.863’’   W 122° 43’ 8.452’’

All Things Aquarium
30789 SW Boones Ferry Rd k, Wilsonville, OR 97070
N 45° 17’ 50.105’’   W 122° 46’ 28.825”

Paradise Coral
229 E Main St, Hillsboro, OR 97123
N 45° 31’ 11.722’’   W 122° 56’ 10.982”

Woody's Seahorse Aquarium & Supply
106 NE Russet St, Portland, OR 97211
N 45° 34’ 40.321’’   W 122° 39’ 53.776”

Caye's Aquarium
13730 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97236
N 45° 30’ 14.432’’   W 122° 31’ 20.201”

CB'S Tropical Aquarium
3 NE 181st Ave, Portland, OR 97230
N 45° 31’ 19.265’’   W 122° 28’ 37.876”

World of Wet Pets
8542 SW Apple Way, Portland, OR 97225
N 45° 29’ 8.74’’   W 122° 45’ 50.918”

Thanks for doing the leg work Suncrest.... now I have to figure out how to add them 🤔

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Sorry I missed that one.  I've never been there.

See...That's why this map is going to be great!

Totally agree! I just recently heard about golden basket by another member,  I havnt made it there yet looks to maybe be apt only?

Edited by householdofpayne

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

OK... I loaded a bunch but let me know if I forgot anyone.  Not sure if Colby is still running an operation down South or not.

Excellent!  Looks great thanks guys...  I cannot believe this, but there were a couple that are new to me.  Guess I don't get down south enough.  Very cool!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Got another LFS here for yah, in Corvallis for people in the Albany/Corvallis area.

The Animal House

646 SW 4th St, Corvallis, OR 97333

44.5590° N, 123.2652° W

Got it!  Thanks Nate!

BTW - this is the long/lat formatting that the data entry interface wants to see... just in case any of our other officers/BOD want to add something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuncrestReef said:

@albertareef @TheClark:

Did you guys make a change to the member map?  The member locations are now showing up as tiny icons instead of drop pins so they are tough to see, and the LFS locations don't show up.

Hmm.  Looks like it did to me.  Members are blue drop pins and shops are red.  As you zoom out they collapse into groups with numbers.  Not sure why you are seeing it differently.  Anyone else have problems?

9 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Hmm.  Looks like it did to me.  Members are blue drop pins and shops are red.  As you zoom out they collapse into groups with numbers.  Not sure why you are seeing it differently.  Anyone else have problems?

That's weird, it looks back to normal for me now.  Earlier today it looked totally different with tiny black icons representing member locations rather than the larger blue drop pins, and no shops shown.   All fine now.  

Just now, SuncrestReef said:

That's weird, it looks back to normal for me now.  Earlier today it looked totally different with tiny black icons representing member locations rather than the larger blue drop pins, and no shops shown.   All fine now.  

Strange.  I was off the board all day so missed it acting up... not that I would have necessarily looked at the map anyway 😃 Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

Just bumping this up to see if we can get more members added to the map.  We have had a few queries in the classifieds section asking about locations (always happens) so the more people signed on the easier it will be for users to get that kind of info directly.  Just a thought...

We also added many of the local stores under their own group (you can select the visible groups using the check boxes) but let us know if we missed anyone.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...