Hello from the addicted reefer

Zach_discus

Hello new to the site but not reefing! Located North/East of Seattle I’m Monroe WA. About me 41yr old machinist. Originally from Mary’s Home MO. Married to my awesome wife Nicole. We have one very mischievous 3yr old little girl Aria. Also at the house is our 6 dogs and 3 Spinx cats. 

Current tanks include a 70gallon frag tank, 190gallon reef tank. Those two are connected to a 150 gallon sump in my fishroom. Newest addition is a 250 gallon Envision acrylic tank that’s getting picked up this Sunday. This will be the new in house display tank. I also have a 580gallon DSA tank that’s resting comfortably in the garage awaiting a home remodel we plan to do in the Summer of 2020. 

I love all corals but SPS are the closest two my heart. 

Looking forward to meeting and or conversing with you all about this great hobby.

thanks

Zach

• Like 4

Welcome Zach!  Sounds like you might have your hands full with that collection of tanks and furry pets. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your setups if/when you get s chance. Maybe you will have a chance to make a meeting one of these days - we do have the occasional one up in Kelso. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TaylorW said:

Aww you have Sphinx cats emoji10.png that's my next furry friend when we have the room for more animals (have lots myself) sounds like you have your hands full!! And your tanks sound amazing emoji7.png welcome!

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

Haha you need one, were expecting a litter soon :). They are kinda funny, more like a dog in a lot of ways, but still some kat in them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, albertareef said:

Welcome Zach!  Sounds like you might have your hands full with that collection of tanks and furry pets. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your setups if/when you get s chance. Maybe you will have a chance to make a meeting one of these days - we do have the occasional one up in Kelsi. 

Im thinning the collection a bit with the inclusion of the new 250. Taking the 190 out of the fishroom and selling the frag tank. Replacing it with a 96x20x12 frag tank in the next couple weeks. My goal for the frag system in to not have to frag corals out of the display until they get overgrown and need a trim. Duane up here does that and it really seems to keep his stock very healthy and his 220 display is hard to argue against!

16 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Wow, if my math is correct, that's 1,240 gallons once the big tank comes online.  Even without it, that's still a lot of water.  Photos, please. 😀

Welcome aboard!

the 580 will eventually replace the 250 in the house. So I can never truly count the two together for volume. 

On 2/18/2019 at 11:06 PM, albertareef said:

Welcome Zach!  Sounds like you might have your hands full with that collection of tanks and furry pets. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your setups if/when you get s chance. Maybe you will have a chance to make a meeting one of these days - we do have the occasional one up in Kelso. 

I agree!  Show us the Pics.😎

Sorry everyone something came up this week that has keep me very busy. A opportunity to do one of my favorite things. Look through lots of aquarium equipment. Long story and if I see you in person I can tell the tale. Lol

im not always the beat with pics. Mostly because I suck at taking good one. Here is a couple from my current fishroom set up. It’s is going to be going through a overhaul in the next month.

This is getting switched around to a frag trough 8ftx20”x12” tall. The 190 and glass frag tank are both splen for already. Constant flux around here. 

E1529F53-4094-46FC-A799-45C8F8AD3D6F.jpeg

63A81A19-1836-4AFC-B95B-FEE27DBFA519.jpeg

DBB254F9-53CF-4E12-A7B1-79F6C27532C3.jpeg

9B39552A-65C4-4FCF-8CF2-A29A66402A60.jpeg

ADAF6CAB-52F5-478A-A354-F35634B92045.jpeg

• Like 5