I'm new  to this forum (that's why I'm posting), but I am not new to reefing.  I had a 120gal mixed reef in Henderson, NV that I took down back in 2011.  I've started to look at getting back into the hobby.  I need to start small. because I also raise bees now, so looking at either a 25 gal lagoon or a red sea 170.    I've attached some photos from my old 2nd tank build just before breaking it down and selling off every thing.  This tank is 2 years old at this point.

1712996532_MixedReefWestEnd.thumb.jpg.766786f7dc6e623265a42bd5fd400f80.jpg1687822534_MixedReefNorthSide.thumb.jpg.1335c42577ef26aa72579af05993d3eb.jpg443833620_MixedReef120gal.thumb.jpg.c0da16fd1a4fc9f1096b5dfa0e7d2535.jpg1101990912_MixedReef120gal2.thumb.jpg.86d98b839fe75e485272591cc3ad3326.jpg

Mixed Reef South Side.jpg

Edited by Mesamech
  • Like 3

welcome to the forum looks like you know what your doing look forward to seeing your future build I just setup a 25 lagoon not too long ago

Welcome!  Wow, your previous tank was a beauty!  Nice work.  I know a lot of people are loving the Red Sea Reefers lately.  Good luck with your future build.  Given your past results, I bet most of us would love to see what you are able to do!

Welcome to the forum!  Always good to see another experienced reefer join the ranks and your prior tank looks like you had things dialed in pretty nicely - it was a beauty!  Good luck going small - there are usually a few tanks in that size range on here for sale if you want to go that route so you might check out the classifieds.  Look forward to seeing your build thread when you get to that point.

37 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Welcome to the forum!  Always good to see another experienced reefer join the ranks and your prior tank looks like you had things dialed in pretty nicely - it was a beauty!  Good luck going small - there are usually a few tanks in that size range on here for sale if you want to go that route so you might check out the classifieds.  Look forward to seeing your build thread when you get to that point.

I have concerns with going small too. 1st stability and 2nd I can't seem to stop buying corals once I start.

• Like 3

Beautiful tank.  Yes, it's hard to go smaller.  That said, it sure would be nice to just do a 5 gallon water change weekly and call it good.  Let me know if you're interested in doing any frag/honey swapping...

Holly