New top-down macro photos

SuncrestReef

13 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Nikkor 200mm f/4 macro.  One of the best macros you can buy!

Very nice!  Just picked up a D800E but haven’t had a chance to really put it to use yet. I don’t have that specialized kind of glass to use on it though.  Working with a 24-120 f/4 for now. 

20 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Very nice!  Just picked up a D800E but haven’t had a chance to really put it to use yet. I don’t have that specialized kind of glass to use on it though.  Working with a 24-120 f/4 for now. 

Congrats on the D800e!  That's a nice camera.

I upgraded to my 200mm macro from the 60mm macro:  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/545660-USA/Nikon_2177_AF_S_Micro_Nikkor_60mm_f_2_8G.html

If you're looking for a macro without breaking the bank, I could make you a good deal on the 60mm...

5 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Congrats on the D800e!  That's a nice camera.

I upgraded to my 200mm macro from the 60mm macro:  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/545660-USA/Nikon_2177_AF_S_Micro_Nikkor_60mm_f_2_8G.html

If you're looking for a macro without breaking the bank, I could make you a good deal on the 60mm...

Thanks - just upgraded from my much loved D1X - yep, all 5.47 megapixels!  Might actually be interested in that lens... thinking about getting something to complement the zoom.

1 minute ago, albertareef said:

Thanks - just upgraded from my much loved D1X - yep, all 5.47 megapixels!  Might actually be interested in that lens... thinking about getting something to complement the zoom.

Ha!  I hope you have enough disk space for all those 36mp photos you're going to be saving.  It adds up fast.

If you're ever interested in the 60mm, shoot me a PM.  I could even loan it to you for a day to see how you like it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Ha!  I hope you have enough disk space for all those 36mp photos you're going to be saving.  It adds up fast.

If you're ever interested in the 60mm, shoot me a PM.  I could even loan it to you for a day to see how you like it.

Haha - no kidding!  Thanks for the offer - let me read up on that lens and I will shoot you a note.

• 1 month later...