Which ICP test?

Willapa

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

@SuncrestReef  Bro...you dosing arsenic or did your wife find a BRS receipt>?? 

Yeah, I panicked when I saw the arsenic level, so I sent in a sample of my tap water to make sure it's safe to drink.  Came back at 0 arsenic.  Something I'm putting into my tank must be adding it, or it's a false reading.  The only things I put into my tank are BRS 2-part, LRS frozen food, nori, and occasionally some mysis.

I'll be sending in another sample of tank water next month.

I had all kinds of problems trying to get my analysis from Triton but I may have just been jinxed. First sample got lost then my barcode didn’t associate the second time around causing more delays. Super frustrating. Haven’t tried the other guys yet. 

What heavy metal did your test reveal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I panicked when I saw the arsenic level, so I sent in a sample of my tap water to make sure it's safe to drink.  Came back at 0 arsenic.  Something I'm putting into my tank must be adding it, or it's a false reading.  The only things I put into my tank are BRS 2-part, LRS frozen food, nori, and occasionally some mysis.
I'll be sending in another sample of tank water next month.

Hmmm, mysterious. What salt mix do you use?

23 hours ago, albertareef said:

I had all kinds of problems trying to get my analysis from Triton but I may have just been jinxed. First sample got lost then my barcode didn’t associate the second time around causing more delays. Super frustrating. Haven’t tried the other guys yet. 

Triton & ATI are both overseas and require delay in shipping before getting back. ATI offers 2 tests for RO/Tank Water for the same price ($10 cheaper than Triton) So there maybe issues with delay from ATI as well. ICP-Analysis is the only one I know in the States and Turn around time is about a Week from the time you ship it in, till the time the results pop up on the page. 

Some food for thought, when sitting in a workshop with ICP-Analysis Owner; He discussed the equipment that he used, and exactly what specifications that equipment had been calibrated too. He stated that both Triton & ATI did not want to discuss their calibration methods, and there was little info in addition that could be found in reference to their testing. This could just have been to push units, but there is a video out there where 1 individual sent samples out to all 3 and all 3 came back with wildly varying results. Just something to consider ;)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Willapa said:

What heavy metal did your test reveal?

Hey Trevor - Copper and Zinc were both elevated along with tons of Lithium and Lanthanum.  The last was secondary as a byproduct of trying to control phosphates as things crashed and burned.  Assuming all of these were from the mineral chunk I was unknowingly dissolving in Ca reactor but don't know for sure.  Did a couple rounds of Triton heavy metal detox followed by multiple water changes and things are looking up (had no where to go but up really).

• Like 2

Triton & ATI are both overseas and require delay in shipping before getting back. ATI offers 2 tests for RO/Tank Water for the same price ($10 cheaper than Triton) So there maybe issues with delay from ATI as well. ICP-Analysis is the only one I know in the States and Turn around time is about a Week from the time you ship it in, till the time the results pop up on the page. 
Some food for thought, when sitting in a workshop with ICP-Analysis Owner; He discussed the equipment that he used, and exactly what specifications that equipment had been calibrated too. He stated that both Triton & ATI did not want to discuss their calibration methods, and there was little info in addition that could be found in reference to their testing. This could just have been to push units, but there is a video out there where 1 individual sent samples out to all 3 and all 3 came back with wildly varying results. Just something to consider [emoji6]

Great info, thanks for passing along.

I've used Triton in the past and now I use ICP-analysis about once a quarter.

The Triton reports are slicker and the packaging seems more professional, but they give you basically the same suite of tests.

I'd recommend either one, but maybe go with ICP because it's quicker to get results.

3 minutes ago, Jeremevans said:

I've used Triton in the past and now I use ICP-analysis about once a quarter.

The Triton reports are slicker and the packaging seems more professional, but they give you basically the same suite of tests.

I'd recommend either one, but maybe go with ICP because it's quicker to get results.

To be fair, once I finally got results from Triton, the presentation was quite good - with both visuals, raw numbers and targets - and they also included specific recommendations for addressing all the out of balance criteria.  Granted, some of those recommendations were based on their products but that only makes sense given their line business. If it weren't for the hiccups in the sample delivery/loggin and glitchy web interface I would have been happy with the product.

So on the icp test out of Colorado no Alk or Phosphate in the test?  Pretty sure ATI includes those 

I was just wondering about this too. I know I can test this myself, but wanted to compare my test kits to the ICP. I love my Hanna alk checker, but hate those reagent packets with the phosphate checker. I just don't have much confidence. I'm curious about nitrates too. This, along with the free RO test I think has me sold on the ATI test. I'm not in a rush, so can wait for shipping.