450g shark tank build

Jlpete

I found the tank on Craiglist last year for good deal but it needed a lot of work on the overflows and stand.  I had the over flow made they are ready to go but the stand is where I am at.

I am putting this in the garage as my floor can barely handle my 210g tank.  With most garages it's sloped from the back of the tank to the front.  I have almost 1 1/2" of drop in that area.  Shimming with that weight is not a good option.  The front, I fixed easily but the sides I will need to cut a 2x4 at an angle which I need to figure the angle out when time permits.

This will primarily house my sharks. I have a coral banded bamboo, a marbled cat shark,  banded marbled bamboo cat shark and a shark egg not exactly sure yet which type.  I know it's banded.  I will be adding stingrays as well.  Most of the tank will be a sandy bottom with large tunnels among the live rock. Cat sharks prefer to hide under the shelves.  The rocks will be laid out in a T shape along the back wall with a column running down the center.

For the rest of the equiptment.

100 gallon sump

Reef octopus elite 200-int

Algi scrubber

Return pump undecided

Wave maker undecided.

Lighting

t-5

Orbit marine 72"  led

Neptune classic scored it for good price on cl

20 gallon ato tank

20180319_200731.jpg

20180319_200800.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, viper55 said:

I would form up the area in your garage 5x6 and level it with concrete. build the front up 1.5 inches to zero in the back.  Voilla level 

Yep!

3 minutes ago, Krux said:

Was gonna suggest the same thing, some self leveling cement and a quick form

Yep!

Would definitely think about doing this. Especially with that much weight. A little more expensive on the front end but would prevents disasters on the other end doing it right the first time.

I like the idea not sure if I want adher concrete to the garage floor though.  I could layout plastic. Moving the tank though would be an issue.  It took six of us to get the tank on the stand.  I am tempted to take the back wall off and cut it down.  Several vehicle jacks to hold the tank while the wall is out. It's a 2x6 framed wall.