WHAT NOW? My battle with PH04

Nyles

Nyles,

I know all about Rock Cooking, but I'm not a fan of it. I think it is completly unneccesary; there are so many better ways to solving problems then this method. IMO.

Prodobio and the Zeovit system are all similar to vodka dosing, but with more control.

Nyles,

I am just getting over a pretty bad outbreak of hair algea. The only thing I am doing different from 4 months ago is:

I changed all my lights. My 2X96 watt actinic PC's were over a year old. They should be changed every 6 monthts. My halides are on a one year cycle.

I changed my brand of salt. I used Kent for about a year, and have recently changed to OceanPure.

I also added a calcium reactor. I think this helped a little, but I am not sure.

I'm not sure which one made the difference, but I can honestly say that I am feeding the tank more then I ever have before and the algea is just about gone. My skimmer is way overrated at 750 gallons, so I am not so worried about the feeding. I feed once a day, but I am pretty heavy handed. I don't know if this will help you, but it was worth a shot.

Jay

For now I am going to keep doing what I am doing, keep the Ph04 at "0" and wait it out. Things are looking up its just a slow process. I did the big water change and siphoned a lot of the hair out. I will wait a week and see what happens, I also bumped the skimmer to a much wetter skim than before.

Chief you ordering Phosban? If so call me first....