February 2019 Frag Swap at PDXMonkeyboys

badxgillen

Where does the time go? It is February already, and that means there is another upcoming PNWMAS meet. This time we have something special for you, our comedic and ingenuitive member PDXMonkeyboy has been gracious enough to host a full blown frag swap at his home in Portland Oregon! In addition to the free for all coral exchanging we will have a tank onsite to float frags and a coral sale to benefit the Tanks For Teachers program.

This means there will be corals of all sorts, from all over, at one place! for trade, for sale, and even maybe just for free if you get that winning raffle ticket. This also means you all might want to get ready for the event by seeing what you may have to offer up and what you may be looking for to fill that empty spot in your home aquarium. I will post up one of those ever so popular Frag Trading threads here

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/topic/44400-frag-swap-thread-february-2019/

so we can keep this thread to our regular banter and various updates as they come through.

When- February 24th 1:00 PM.

Where-

Parking:  There is a long looping driveway and a parking area next to the house.  You can park in the street or anywhere in the driveway.  There will likely just be shuffling when its time to go.

Our PNWMAS club will provide some refreshments and some delectable local pizza for those who attend.  

SAM_2988.thumb.JPG.7c91d817abd42a8d74503

So get those frag racks out and filled up then stay tuned, this is gonna be a good one!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gotta bump this up one last time, the meeting is tomorrow, hope you all are ready! I will be bringing a few frags to trade and a bunch to sell to raise a little cash for Tanks For Teachers. I am also pretty excited to see Brian's Reef and Cichlid setup, I love both fresh and salt water aquariums, especially when they are done right. 

• Like 2

I had a great time today!  Brian's tanks are beautiful. Even the snobbiest of saltwater aficionados were drooling over the cichlid tanks.  Well at least I was.  Brian was practically giving frags away--nice ones too.  Not the kind you find at those tacky $10 frag sales.

Brian was a fab host and there were a ton of friendly faces. I'm sure Bert will give us the recap. Bert brought some amazing frags as always, and I snuck away with one of his amazing frag packs that he donated for tank for teachers.  Thanks Bert! 

Thanks to all of our officers and board members for another great meeting. I know a lot of work goes into it, and this one came off flawlessly. And a special shout-out to Brian for opening up his beautiful home for the meeting.

Edited by Gil&Fin
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Was awesome meeting some more local peeps, and feeling like part of an enthusiast community again! Thank you @pdxmonkeyboy for hosting, and for some awesome frags! Was nice meeting you. @SuncrestReef it was a pleasure meeting you in person, in addition your shots are absolutely amazing. Good seeing you again @Optimusprime3605 gonna have to make it up your way soon. @lewisriverfisherman chatted a little about lights, hope to see ya at the next one! Also chatted with @Snappy and he talked me into the paid membership! Is it march meeting time yet? HAHA

• Like 4

Great time today at Brian’s. As expected, his DT looked awesome with a great collection of acros, zoas, acans, clams etc. as well as a sweet selection of tangs!  As Holly mentioned there was also a beautiful assortment of African cichlids on display. Lots of quality time spent in the downstairs equipment/frag/qt room talking all things reef and selling frags for TFT. A special shout out to some super generous folk who donated so many nice pieces for the event - Bert @badxgillen, Jeremy @Jeremevans, Jim @Gumby and a few others I’m missing. Also a huge thank you to Brian @pdxmonkeyboy for being such a generous and accommodating host.  All in all a really fun time and a success for TFT. Thanks everyone!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for coming over!  I had a really great time and it is always nice to share the stoke and spread some new pieces around.  Everything went off without a hitch and the pictures are amazing...  Your lens obviously has a much longer focal length than my macro 😞  

I think even my jaguar cichlid was stoked...... well....maybe not.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Thanks everyone for coming over!  I had a really great time and it is always nice to share the stoke and spread some new pieces around.  Everything went off without a hitch and the pictures are amazing...  Your lens obviously has a much longer focal length than my macro 😞  

I think even my jaguar cichlid was stoked...... well....maybe not.

I could tell Jaggy was excited by the possibility that someone might foolishly stick their hand in the tank.  Other than that, hard to say.

• Like 1