Ocean Revive

R-3

45 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

I'm assuming you're looking for a used one since you posted a link to a new one.  I can't help you there but just an FYI that Amazon carriers them (weird, right?) with free shipping--$189.

Yeah should have posted used. Usually see them pop up in the forum for $100. Figures someone had one laying around 

Edited by R-3

Sbreef is way better for basic led boxes imo. $145 shipped for their most simple one. 

The blues on OR lights fade dramatically after about a year with normal use & often fail completely by the end of the second year & the fans go out quick too. The power supplies fail at around the same time. It used to be ok because they would sell you new parts fairly cheap, but they don’t seem to want to do that anymore. 

Edited by maxicurls
Clarity

1 hour ago, maxicurls said:

Sbreef is way better for basic led boxes imo. $145 shipped for their most simple one. 

The blues on OR lights fade dramatically after about a year with normal use & often fail completely by the end of the second year & the fans go out quick too. The power supplies fail at around the same time. It used to be ok because they would sell you new parts fairly cheap, but they don’t seem to want to do that anymore. 

Gonna stick with the Ocean Revives. Already have two on my frag tank just looking for a third. Thanks for the info though

• 2 weeks later...

Hi R-3 my name is Joel Sneed. I live in Eugene. I think you sold me a a T-5 light fixture years ago. Nonetheless I have 3 of the Ocean Revive Lights. One of them only shows the Actinic lights, but the other two are in perfect shape. I'd like to get $100 each for the ones that work, $50 for the one with only the Actinics.