Something is brewing in Vancouver

The ReefBox

Something is brewing in Vancouver. More info to follow I have a question for my reefer peeps. If all things are equal and prices and selection are great would you care if shop was in a light industrial warehouse (like the old OIAB)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a preference of type of location

• Yes
    • No

38 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Those are some very interesting points.  One thing that might be cool to have for beginners is to advertise an "intro to reef tanks" class or seminar.  Just some 2 hour class to talk about what it takes, what all the equipment is, maintenance requirements.  

A reef tank is daunting... its even daunting at times to people with lots of knowledge.  One only needs to look at the success of the 52-weeks or reefing series to know that there is an untapped market of people that are interested but have no idea where to begin. 

I mean.. if some newb heard me talking in a store he would hear something like "yeah, my millipora isn't doing so well, so I moved my maxspect 250 lower and programmed a new anti synced flow regime, I will probably just frag it to see if the RTN stops, at least until my GFO catches up with my phosphates" 

And then they would say "this is not for me" 

On the list!!

7 minutes ago, sroberts said:

Looks like a pretty decent store front.  Where is this located in Vancouver?  That sliding garage style door would make a lot

of things easier to take care of and in the summer months would make it a lot more comfortable I would think.  Lots good to me!

Ohh of SR 500 and fourth plain NE 121st AVE 

5 hours ago, sroberts said:

Looks like a pretty decent store front.  Where is this located in Vancouver?  That sliding garage style door would make a lot

of things easier to take care of and in the summer months would make it a lot more comfortable I would think.  Lots good to me!

Off of SR 500 and fourth plain NE 121st AVE 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 1:46 PM, sroberts said:

44 minutes ago, viper55 said:

Successful day drilling tanks!!  Thanks again Jeff at C&C for the Holesaw.  30 tanks drilled and not one broken tank!! That right there feels like success!!

Hey Brian - when you are ready shoot me a business name and address and I can add you to the LFS map that just went live. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 1:46 PM, sroberts said: