Something is brewing in Vancouver

The ReefBox

Something is brewing in Vancouver. More info to follow I have a question for my reefer peeps. If all things are equal and prices and selection are great would you care if shop was in a light industrial warehouse (like the old OIAB)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a preference of type of location

• Yes
    • No

Question I have is if all things are equal and selection/prices are great...does anyone care or have a preference if the shop was oriented in a light industrial warehouse setting (like tge old OIAB) or do you prefer a retail pad in a strip mall?  I personally like the warehouse version as it allows more flexible hours, the ability to build out myself and set up shop for custom stand and tank builds. Please let me know your thoughts!!

I prefer which ever one is easier to park in. in terms of how i evaluate a shop i would have to say that cleanliness is far and above the biggest factor.

some stores in the area have tanks that just look dirty and dishevelled. My thought is if they cant keep things clean then how are they going to QT, treat, or watch out for hitch hikers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I prefer which ever one is easier to park in. in terms of how i evaluate a shop i would have to say that cleanliness is far and above the biggest factor.

some stores in the area have tanks that just look dirty and dishevelled. My thought is if they cant keep things clean then how are they going to QT, treat, or watch out for hitch hikers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Again I agree  but I think in thecretail environment. Some hitch hikers are going to get through with sheer mount of product coming in and out of stores!

8 minutes ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Brian, I think I can speak for most, another reef shop regardless of location is going to be well received by all of us! I have been missing having one over here since OIAB and Neptune folded.

Hey bud thanks for the feedback. I am in the process of securing a location. I am working on name and logo as we speak. I am open to any and all feedback from everyone 

I miss OIAB even though they had some issues........I am all for warehouse for flexibility, space, parking and perhaps lower overhead. Warehouse can be more difficult and costly to heat and cool though I would think. I know OIAB battled those concerns at times. Also they had issues with neighbors producing heavy chemical smells, pot smoking smells and noise. Just my observations. I agree that cleanliness and well maintained/designed systems make me feel more comfortable buying at a shop. Selection and prices also weigh heavily on my interest in coming in.

54 minutes ago, Knuckledragger said:

I miss OIAB even though they had some issues........I am all for warehouse for flexibility, space, parking and perhaps lower overhead. Warehouse can be more difficult and costly to heat and cool though I would think. I know OIAB battled those concerns at times. Also they had issues with neighbors producing heavy chemical smells, pot smoking smells and noise. Just my observations. I agree that cleanliness and well maintained/designed systems make me feel more comfortable buying at a shop. Selection and prices also weigh heavily on my interest in coming in.

Some of those concerns are for sure being addressed. Luckily the place I have put in application for does not allow marijuana,alcohol , automotive workshops or detail shops.  Thanks for ur feedback 

Edited by viper55
  • Like 1

I like whichever shop space leases for an amount that allows the store to stay in business. :) 

Can’t say I’ve ever thought much about the type of building any of our local shops are in; if you’ve got the goods, I’ll show up and figure out where to put my car.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

I like whichever shop space leases for an amount that allows the store to stay in business. :) 

Can’t say I’ve ever thought much about the type of building any of our local shops are in; if you’ve got the goods, I’ll show up and figure out where to put my car.

I agree 100%   The things that are important to me are cleanliness, selection, price and customer service 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

I kinda like the warehouse type setting myself.  I always enjoyed to go see Issac The Coral Maaffia because you had to walk thru the warehouse to get to his goods and services.

Haha!!! Where is issac these days.  Been awhile since I’ve seen him

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

I kinda like the warehouse type setting myself.  I always enjoyed to go see Issac The Coral Maaffia because you had to walk thru the warehouse to get to his goods and services.

That was a while ago........

Sad that he is not around was a good guy to talk to.

Edited by spectra
  • Like 1