ReeFi gen 2 high power LEDs

danlu_gt

That's probably fine.  The HMS kit isn't exactly stellar.  The feet themselves are an 'L' shape instead of a 'U' shape and thus only cover the top and one side respectively.  They're constantly drifting away from the glass.  Not fun having that much lighting being so insecure.  Your designs are obviously much superior. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, danlu_gt said:

I finally took down the 4 bent conduit pipes as light stands. They look nice with pendant style lights but not ideal for the new ReeFi.

That looks sharp Daniel!  Are those your own design?  I lost track of where you were at with mounting options - are those adjustable in the horizontal direction to help center over the tank?  Seems like a nice alternative to a tank or ceiling mount setup.

That looks sharp Daniel!  Are those your own design?  I lost track of where you were at with mounting options - are those adjustable in the horizontal direction to help center over the tank?  Seems like a nice alternative to a tank or ceiling mount setup.

Yes.. I will add 2040 wall mount option to my website soon. I was going to do tank mount but then thinking it was too much hassle to route out square cut outs on my splash guard rim and then it just came to me that I can use wall anchors and mount on the wall.

When can I set you up with ReeFi Duo Extremes on your tank? :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Dana Riddle have posted some PAR and spread for the ReeFi Duo Extreme.

"PPFD of Reefi Extreme taken with an Apogee MQ-510 quantum meter. Treat your self to a great light for Christmas. I have data from other depths and will post soon."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ReeFiLove/permalink/417160879207427/

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/interesting-new-led-light.640820/page-10#post-66880009913be915e0cd02651c08cc67687d189.jpg

• Like 2

Nice spread on that plot. These lights keep looking better and better!

Notice on the pics Daniel posted of his light mounting, light spill outside of the tank is basically non-existent. Makes for a much nicer viewing experience.

Well done! 

Edited by xmas_one
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, xmas_one said:

Nice spread on that plot. These lights keep looking better and better!

Notice on the pics Daniel posted of his light mounting, light spill outside of the tank is basically non-existent. Makes for a much nicer viewing experience.

Well done! 

My ReeFi’s don’t spill light at all.  Perfect illumination for my Reefer XL 425.

EB25D755-D458-478A-AF94-7CF2194FFBE9.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Reefi holiday sale coming soon?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Take advantage of the $100 off ea Extreme with ReeFiLove promo now. The promo will likely end after this holiday season as I'm gearing to go-to multiple Reef-A-Palooza and Macna next year.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...