Jump to content
danlu_gt

ReeFi gen 2 high power LEDs

Recommended Posts

@Lexinverts and @Optimusprime3605:  Thank you guys for posting pictures of your tanks with ReeFi LED V2 Extremes.  My tank have suffered from my extended trips away so I appreciate you guys showing how your corals look.

@CrabbyCrabs:  I will have 2 models, ReeFi LED V2 Extreme (72 diodes) and Deluxe (48 diodes).  The Deluxe model is on par with EcoTech's XR30W G4 PRO (46 diodes).

The retail for ReeFi LED V2 Extreme is $750 and Deluxe is $650.  So the Deluxe is the same as XR30W G4 PRO at 22% less cost ($190 savings).

For anyone that currently owns original ReeFi LED Pendant and want to upgrade, I will have "trade-in" value of $125 toward purchase of V2 Extreme.  However, you don't have to send in your original ReeFi LED Pendant, so you can still use it if you like.  I'm calling it "trade-in" program so it's good for anyone who currently owns ReeFi LED Pendant.  Also, this will end the warranty for the ReeFi LED Pendants.  I will still service them if I have spare parts and will charge a small fee.

 

Here are specs :
 

  ReeFi LED V2 Extreme ReeFi LED v2 Deluxe
retail $750 $650
watts 216 144
leds 72 48
     
     
400nm 8 6
420nm 8 6
435nm 12 8
450nm 12 8
470nm 12 8
Lime 4 2
PC Amber 4 2
3000K 4 2
6500K 8 6

 

  • Extreme have 9 channels (one for each color type), whereas Deluxe have 6 channels (Lime, PC Amber, and 3000K are grouped together.  400nm and 420nm are also group together.). 
  • Individual diode reflectors to keep lights in your tank and won't blind you with light bleed.  No optical lens is used to cheat depth penetration.  This is one of my favorite upgrade.
  • Both models are WIFI enabled and can be controlled from any web browser.  If you have multiple ones, you can group them for master control from one unit. 
  • You can control the max temp of the diodes with different fan cooling profiles.  All cooling profile will keep LED diodes below 90C.  LED can operate without long term damage up to 100C but output is brightest when under 70C.
  • Temperature protection will kick in when temp exceed 90C.
  • Web interface and software firmware can be updated over the internet wirelessly.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will these be available? 

They are schedule to ship in container ship on May 20th and takes about 40 days to clear custom and land at warehouse.  I will finish assembly them around June 30th or so and will fulfill orders early July.

I will update my website to take pre-orders.  There will be pre-order discounts but unfortunately there's a high chance tariff going from 10% to 25%, I can not set the pre-order discounts just yet.  Thanks for understanding.

Daniel

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

So..... 1 of these could take the place of 3 hydra 26hd over a reefer 350? Or are they more for extremely deep tanks due to the high diode count clustered tightly together? Just thinking of options for when the 350 is set up

 

Reefer 350 is almost 4ft long.  If you're doing softies and LPS, 1 unit is good if you can hang it 24+" above the waterline.  For SPS, I would recommend 2 units to prevent shadowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, danlu_gt said:

@Lexinverts and @Optimusprime3605:  Thank you guys for posting pictures of your tanks with ReeFi LED V2 Extremes.  My tank have suffered from my extended trips away so I appreciate you guys showing how your corals look.

@CrabbyCrabs:  I will have 2 models, ReeFi LED V2 Extreme (72 diodes) and Deluxe (48 diodes).  The Deluxe model is on par with EcoTech's XR30W G4 PRO (46 diodes).

The retail for ReeFi LED V2 Extreme is $750 and Deluxe is $650.  So the Deluxe is the same as XR30W G4 PRO at 22% less cost ($190 savings).

For anyone that currently owns original ReeFi LED Pendant and want to upgrade, I will have "trade-in" value of $125 toward purchase of V2 Extreme.  However, you don't have to send in your original ReeFi LED Pendant, so you can still use it if you like.  I'm calling it "trade-in" program so it's good for anyone who currently owns ReeFi LED Pendant.  Also, this will end the warranty for the ReeFi LED Pendants.  I will still service them if I have spare parts and will charge a small fee.

 

Here are specs :
 

  ReeFi LED V2 Extreme ReeFi LED v2 Deluxe
retail $750 $650
watts 216 144
leds 72 48
     
     
400nm 8 6
420nm 8 6
435nm 12 8
450nm 12 8
470nm 12 8
Lime 4 2
PC Amber 4 2
3000K 4 2
6500K 8 6

 

  • Extreme have 9 channels (one for each color type), whereas Deluxe have 6 channels (Lime, PC Amber, and 3000K are grouped together.  400nm and 420nm are also group together.). 
  • Individual diode reflectors to keep lights in your tank and won't blind you with light bleed.  No optical lens is used to cheat depth penetration.  This is one of my favorite upgrade.
  • Both models are WIFI enabled and can be controlled from any web browser.  If you have multiple ones, you can group them for master control from one unit. 
  • You can control the max temp of the diodes with different fan cooling profiles.  All cooling profile will keep LED diodes below 90C.  LED can operate without long term damage up to 100C but output is brightest when under 70C.
  • Temperature protection will kick in when temp exceed 90C.
  • Web interface and software firmware can be updated over the internet wirelessly.

 

 

Wow, these are pretty impressive stats.  Nice work!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI:  Your banner ad at the top of the PNWMAS site contains a broken link to your web site:  http://www.pnwmas.org/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=redirect&do=advertisement&ad=23&key=7d282091150ead2928f3ca7bbd3b260fe4ca6e7bac208cbe2f04faa0a0c1439b

It leads to this URL:  http://www.reefi-lab.com/" target="_blank but results in a 404 Page Not Found message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

FYI:  Your banner ad at the top of the PNWMAS site contains a broken link to your web site:  http://www.pnwmas.org/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=redirect&do=advertisement&ad=23&key=7d282091150ead2928f3ca7bbd3b260fe4ca6e7bac208cbe2f04faa0a0c1439b

It leads to this URL:  http://www.reefi-lab.com/" target="_blank but results in a 404 Page Not Found message.

tagging our admins here in case they can update with a new link from Daniel  @TheClark @Chief

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

FYI:  Your banner ad at the top of the PNWMAS site contains a broken link to your web site:  http://www.pnwmas.org/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=redirect&do=advertisement&ad=23&key=7d282091150ead2928f3ca7bbd3b260fe4ca6e7bac208cbe2f04faa0a0c1439b

It leads to this URL:  http://www.reefi-lab.com/" target="_blank but results in a 404 Page Not Found message.

Link should go the home page:  http://www.reefi-lab.com

Who should I contact to get that fixed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, albertareef said:

tagging our admins here in case they can update with a new link from Daniel  @TheClark @Chief

Thanks, I should have known to tag them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice to see some first hand reports!  Dang Dodge, you have quite the frag collection going in those tanks! [mention=15315]Optimusprime3605[/mention]  Would be curious to see two of those over my 6 foot 125 - thinking the overall shape will be advantageous for coverage of longer tanks vs. the V1.  Glad to hear we might get a demo soon!
Ehhh, just a few frags, is all.
Stocking up for the annual frag fest.

I would say 2 units of the Extremes would definitely cover your tank, but then again, what do I know about the Extremes.

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, danlu_gt said:

Link should go the home page:  http://www.reefi-lab.com

Who should I contact to get that fixed?

I tagged the admins in  the post above... one of them should be able to update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I'd love to try these, and support an individual and not a big corporation, these are way out of my affordable range if I need 2 for my 350. I was thinking 4 ai prime hd would be perfect.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

As much as I'd love to try these, and support an individual and not a big corporation, these are way out of my affordable range if I need 2 for my 350. I was thinking 4 ai prime hd would be perfect.  

If you're planning to get SPS, I would seriously reconsider getting the ai prime hd.  With only 13 diodes, you're going to get the PAR needed for SPS, maybe their Hydra 26 HD would be better choice vs the Prime HD.  Dollor per LED, ReeFi still got it beat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, albertareef said:

Nice to see some first hand reports!  Dang Dodge, you have quite the frag collection going in those tanks! @Optimusprime3605  Would be curious to see two of those over my 6 foot 125 - thinking the overall shape will be advantageous for coverage of longer tanks vs. the V1.  Glad to hear we might get a demo soon!

Yeah.. V1 was initial designed form my 24"x24" cube tank.  I've designed the V2 to be able to hang higher without worry about light bleeds.  2 over your 125 should cover nicely.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@danlu_gt Sorry if this has already been asked before, but what’s your background and how did you get started making these lights?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The primehd and hydra 26 are the same except there's 2 pucks on it. I grow sps ok with one on my reefer max nano and they are only at ~70%. And I don't dose, only weekly water changes. But I get your point, just can't afford these compared to hydra 26/prime.

IMG_20190511_192844375.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

@danlu_gt Sorry if this has already been asked before, but what’s your background and how did you get started making these lights?  

This is how I started with V1:
http://www.reefi-lab.com/index.php/about-us/

I have BS in computer engineering and MS in EE from GA Tech.  My brother has a factory in China that does mostly plant stands and planter baskets (garden accessories).  I've worked for Intel for 8-9 years then helped my brother for a few years to understand manufacturing, importing and exporting.   Later decided to do something that I'm interested in.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is how I started with V1:
http://www.reefi-lab.com/index.php/about-us/
I have BS in computer engineering and MS in EE from GA Tech.  My brother has a factory in China that does mostly plant stands and planter baskets (garden accessories).  I've worked for Intel for 8-9 years then helped my brother for a few years to understand manufacturing, importing and exporting.   Later decided to do something that I'm interested in.
BOOM!

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As much as I'd love to try these, and support an individual and not a big corporation, these are way out of my affordable range if I need 2 for my 350. I was thinking 4 ai prime hd would be perfect.  
Daniel accepts payments!

First payment: an arm
Second payment: a leg

I crack myself up sometimes.
Carry on...

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

FYI:  Your banner ad at the top of the PNWMAS site contains a broken link to your web site:  http://www.pnwmas.org/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=redirect&do=advertisement&ad=23&key=7d282091150ead2928f3ca7bbd3b260fe4ca6e7bac208cbe2f04faa0a0c1439b

It leads to this URL:  http://www.reefi-lab.com/" target="_blank but results in a 404 Page Not Found message.

Fixed, thanks!

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 9:48 PM, Lexinverts said:

My first impression is very positive. They have a sleek look and the individual reflectors almost completely eliminate lateral light spillage.

 

YIrJPK0.jpg

 

 

 

 

We're filling Trademark for the individual reflectors, calling them ReeFlectors TM.  :)

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 3:35 PM, danlu_gt said:

 

We're filling Trademark for the individual reflectors, calling them ReeFlectors TM.  :)

 

 

😂I'm surprised that wasn't taken already.  Very nice pun! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to take some product photoshoot.  The mirror finish looks nice but makes it hard to get a clean picture.  haha

DLU_0552.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...