Location sticky thread?

HexaReef

Can we have a "Location" stick thread or forum to find hobbiests in a more localized area? Example; Southwest, northwest, southeast, northeast regions of each state in the Pacific Northwest? Would make it easier for locals to meet up for local trades, sales, tank help, etc..

Or at least experiment with the idea? I live in Napavine, Washington and its hard to find users in this area.

Maybe its a horrible idea, but worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, HexaReef said:

Can we have a "Location" stick thread or forum to find hobbiests in a more localized area? Example; Southwest, northwest, southeast, northeast regions of each state in the Pacific Northwest? Would make it easier for locals to meet up for local trades, sales, tank help, etc..

Or at least experiment with the idea? I live in Napavine, Washington and its hard to find users in this area.

Maybe its a horrible idea, but worth a shot.

I like this idea. I often wondered if we could mine the profile data for this in some way to maybe display a map view. Pinging our admin pros to see if it’s even possible.  @TheClark @Chief  If not, we could do something like you suggest that is self select.  

• Like 1

I like this idea. I often wondered if we could mine the profile data for this in some way to maybe display a map view. Pinging our admin pros to see if it’s even possible.  [mention=15306]TheClark[/mention] [mention=12890]Chief[/mention]  If not, we could do something like you suggest that is self select.  
While a self select thread would be great, would be even better to have a Forum with localized sub-forums for each state. We'll see what they say! [emoji2]

Quick update...

Looks like one of our killer admins has found a location based member mapping app for our platform that may do a lot of what we want plus some other things.  Stay tuned as this will require some discussion about how it could be incorporated if we go that direction - currently under discussion in the officer/board forum.

Just to clarify, this is actually a plug in for the existing site...  don't want to offend our tech guys by mischaracterizing it!

• Like 5

Quick update...
Looks like one of our killer admins has found a location based member mapping app for our platform that may do a lot of what we want plus some other things.  Stay tuned as this will require some discussion about how it could be incorporated if we go that direction - currently under discussion in the officer/board forum.
Just to clarify, this is actually a plug in for the existing site...  don't want to offend our tech guys by mischaracterizing it!
Heck ya!