Manny’s 150g Waterbox

Manny Tavan

Have you ever had an ammonia badge work? I've used them on tanks, even when cycling my rock when using Dr. Tim's ammonia and they never change. I've even feed that tank and no change on 3 different badges. An ammonia test shows it's there just not the badge.      

Did you seal the plastic to the bottom of your tank? Does detritus build up under it over time?

so my achilles has been in QT with cupramine level at 0.45-0.55 for 14 days now. Yesterday he developed some white spots around his face that look like possible Ich. Doesn't look like lymphocystis. If it is ich, would you change meds (I have some copperpower at home which I've never had to use) or should I keep on going with the cupramine for another two weeks?

1 hour ago, Manny Tavan said:

so my achilles has been in QT with cupramine level at 0.45-0.55 for 14 days now. Yesterday he developed some white spots around his face that look like possible Ich. Doesn't look like lymphocystis. If it is ich, would you change meds (I have some copperpower at home which I've never had to use) or should I keep on going with the cupramine for another two weeks?

Are the white spots on the face like raised bumps?  This is what my kole tang looked like in QT when it turned out to be HLLE:

IMG_4243.jpg

The bumps lasted a couple days, then fell off and turned into large pits in the flesh.

7 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

If you didn't point the pits out, I'd never have noticed. Looking good, tho!

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

It's easier to see in person, but difficult to capture in photos.  A couple of the pits are pretty deep, so depending on the angle they can be very noticeable.

• Sad 1

Achilles is looking a lot better today. Most of the spots are gone. He's not scratching himself anymore. There is only one more spot left but it's not embedded into the skin. Looks like it's going to come off soon. I read that prazipro works pretty quickly for external flukes. 

• Like 3

My clarisea roll hack. Stole the idea from R2R. The clarisea rolls are too expensive. $20 for 25yrd of 20 micron filter. So i ordered some “coolant filter rolls” from ebay. Ended up paying $20 for a 50 yrd roll of 20 micron filter. It fits just fine. Too bad I can’t fit the 100 yard roll. 

Eventually if i buy in bulk, i can get the price down to $10 for a roll of 50 yard filter and if i go through it too fast I will get a higher micron filter. Either 50, 80 or 100 micron. My goal is to only change the filter every 3 months. Currently having to change it every 3 weeks

18771B85-FE18-4BFF-BE93-6EBD0732932A.jpeg

58DF56DB-34B9-4A59-9285-BFF4CD7523DB.jpeg

A267A797-AE6D-4A1A-ACC6-E846865CF289.jpeg

Tank is looking good. Parameters are better than expected (nitrate 5 and phos 0.03). Tester Corals are now looking really good. Fish stocking is officially completed and there is no more fighting.  Chaeto is growing like mad, pods are everywhere on the glass and in the sump. Clarisea filter roll is rocking, nyos 160 is pulling the nastiest poop ever. Life is good

C373C121-AC11-41C1-84DD-8547724238C5.jpeg

• Like 2

Fish list in order of addition. All quarantined in copper and prazipro for 15-30 days

2 clown

kole tang

two barred rabbit

blonde naso

copperband butterfly

three yellow tang

Achilles tang

Baby hippo tang

Blue throat trigger

mandarin dragonet (did not quarantine)

Inverts

- 2 cleaner shrimps