Temporary Quarantine Bucket

Squidapus

Hey! I know I don’t post very often, but I am in need of some advice.  Please let me know if this isn’t the right forum, it seemed the most applicable. 

I have a small 8gal saltwater aquarium with a few softies, a fish, and a shrimp (not really much). Im preparing to move my things to a new tank, but I definitely would like to quarantine the animals so they don’t bring any gunk over. I don’t have room for a full-time quarantine tank, so I need to set up a bucket. What do I need to do to prepare water for this? I’ve tried looking for the answer on the internet but I haven’t been able to find anything about just setting up a temporary bucket.  

Should I use water from the new tank? The levels are all fine and on schedule. It’s at 6+ weeks with live sand and occational ghost feeding. Appears to have bloomed, but due to holidays I wasn’t present to witness. I did do a small water change to it almost a week ago, though. I’m not sure if it’s too soon... (but it seems like it).

TLDR: What is the quickest/safest way to prepare water for a temporary quarantine bucket for a fish/a shrimp/some softies? 

Thanks!

The old tank has an algae issue. I’m sure it’s due to poor flow (it’s broken in the back. Partly why the new tank). 

As well as I was careless at a point and introduced these hard spiral worms to the tank. They killed off my GSP before I realized what was going on. I’ve been calling them by the wrong name and I can’t seem to identify them on any of the hitchhiker threads. Perhaps vermatids? 

I’ve had a saltwater aquarium for several years now, but I’m still learning things. I would like to be more careful, and I’m not sure what else might be in the tank that the fish/shrimp could carry over.

Edit: I tried to take a picture of those worms, though the lighting makes it hard to see. The mojanos don’t get to move to the new tank. (I used to think they were cute).

40D40081-178C-4C29-A8F0-341E1E3207D6.jpeg

Edited by Squidapus
Added picture