WTB: ReefKeeper PC4 or PB4

Blue Z Reef

5 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

I’ll dig through my stuff later. I’ve got a bunch of reefkeeper stuff that I’ll give you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely down for that! Trying to snatch up what I can to keep er going! Thanks

3 hours ago, TheClark said:

What's the name of the new reefkeeper software you are running Jeff?  Still running it?  Curious how it is faring these days...

The Archon was the last major piece of equipment they released. The issue everyone is having now is that we all were probably at different software/firmware revs and now no one has access to download anything for it. Users are trying to share what they have backed up. It really needs a software engineer to hack the thing and make it more open source. 

I’m hoping to talk with an electrical engineer about fixing the outlets that go out on the power bars. They will get stuck in the on position usually. I’m assuming there is some relay or something that goes out causing this. Hoping to figure it out someday.

i would love to have an Apex but it’s hard to swallow spending the cash for a system that does the same thing you already own...maybe in the future but it would probably take the Trident release for me to be swayed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Definitely down for that! Trying to snatch up what I can to keep er going! Thanks

The Archon was the last major piece of equipment they released. The issue everyone is having now is that we all were probably at different software/firmware revs and now no one has access to download anything for it. Users are trying to share what they have backed up. It really needs a software engineer to hack the thing and make it more open source. 

I’m hoping to talk with an electrical engineer about fixing the outlets that go out on the power bars. They will get stuck in the on position usually. I’m assuming there is some relay or something that goes out causing this. Hoping to figure it out someday.

i would love to have an Apex but it’s hard to swallow spending the cash for a system that does the same thing you already own...maybe in the future but it would probably take the Trident release for me to be swayed.

Ah yes, the Archon!

I totally hear ya...

ReefPI is looking decent, I like the open source design.  Maybe an up and comer?

This is a great looking enclosure for it:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3024281

If by some chance Bill doesn't find his, I might have a couple somewhere in the hoarded collection.

49 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

All I’ve got is the head unit, net interface device, and sl1. I threw my pc4s out because I thought I got water damage, but after reading more it might be that the system was just going to crap. These are yours if you want them 30c235831ea85e17e0ba0a8f80a5eefa.jpg

Hate to jump on this thread but if Blue Z doesn’t want the Reefkeeper Elite Head unit  I’ve been looking for one. I would totally buy it off of you Bill. Don’t wanna step on toes :)

18 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

All I’ve got is the head unit, net interface device, and sl1. I threw my pc4s out because I thought I got water damage, but after reading more it might be that the system was just going to crap. These are yours if you want them 30c235831ea85e17e0ba0a8f80a5eefa.jpg

I’d be happy to take the SL1 and net off your hands! If R-3 needs the RKE he can have it, I’m all set in that department. PM me when your available (next week would be great!)

19 hours ago, TheClark said:

Ah yes, the Archon!

I totally hear ya...

ReefPI is looking decent, I like the open source design.  Maybe an up and comer?

This is a great looking enclosure for it:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3024281

If by some chance Bill doesn't find his, I might have a couple somewhere in the hoarded collection.

Yeah if you have any Pc4s around I’m always looking lol

awesoke find on the reefpi enclosure. I was actually going to offer the creator to print one if he designed one...looks like someone did! Think I’ll print this just for kicks!

52 minutes ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Yeah if you have any Pc4s around I’m always looking lol

awesoke find on the reefpi enclosure. I was actually going to offer the creator to print one if he designed one...looks like someone did! Think I’ll print this just for kicks!

Ok, will keep an eye out!

I am thinking a great test for reefpi would be controlling the RODI station.  I really don't need the apex for that.  Save some apex hardware and get a chance to kick the tires!