Ocean Swipe 360!

TheClark

11 hours ago, Jeremevans said:

That's pretty slick. I'm interested to see what you think after a few months. I'm tempted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!  Wise to wait, so far so good.  I have definitely had issues but Oceanswipe has been awesome to work through all of them so far.  Things like track installation problems, scheduling etc.  They have been awesome so far...

39 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

ok, then the other question which everyone is really thinking...

how long before you 3d print this :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hahah, well....  This would be tough to recreate from scratch!  These guys really solved allot of problems, wrote allot of firmware and designed allot of hardware.  There are a ton of little details that make this thing work as well as it does.

I do plan to make an automated scraper for my son's tank, but it won't go around corners, will look a little gaudy (sp?), but will probably be < 100 bucks material cost and about a thousand in labor over weekends and evenings.. LOL

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
And just a general shot video, showing the front of the tank.  The left side is basically solid coralline...  the front, patchy.  The right side is some calcerous green algae.
So I plan to let it go a week and see how much it can recoup on its own... If I can stand the wait...

Crazy cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Higher Thinking said:

Update??

The Good:

Allot of progress, these guys are great!  Several firmware updates and support from the inventors themselves.   My tank is scraped six times a day, amazing!

Not So Good:

Despite all this scraping, algae still grows... albeit at a slower rate.  However, they are getting another update out.  This one will vary/randomize the scraping pattern, I think it will be a winner.

If this update is a success, I can really recommend this.  With this and hopefully some day soon the triton, the hobby keeps getting easier to stick with even when life is busy. 

Will definitely post back, thanks for the reminder!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 1:20 PM, pdxmonkeyboy said:

So what is your latest and greatest opinion of the ocean swipe?  I was disheartened to hear that it didn't keep the algae completely gone, but maybe you have to clean the tank first?  

Ha, sorry for the late update.

Many firmware updates and improvements.  Sadly the tracks came loose....

Struggles on some corners.  Sometimes have to help it out.

Awesome responsive support.  Sent new tape, many firmware updates, advice.

I have to re-glue the tracks in place (clear 3m tape, safe for tank).

Once I do that the experiment will resume!

It does keep the tank clean once you do the initial.  It's pretty impressive when working.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

you and a BUNCH of other people.  I frankly think its a scam at this point, they are what? 2 years behind?

Recently they've been showing a lot of updates,  I think it's legit.  Out of 116 projects backed on Kickstarter I've only been burned twice but have had more than a dozen projects go way past the projected ship date.  I remain patient and hopeful.