December 2018 Frag Swap Thread

badxgillen

18 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

how did it go? bummed i wasnt able to make it.

Would anyone be interested in having a frag swap event? Not one with vendors, but just people sharing what they can and buying things on the cheap if they are without frags.

I know this kind of happens at every meeting, but thought more people would come out if it was its own thing.

just a thought, i have some acros, and a ton of zoas and frog spawn. Frog spawn LOVES my frag tank. like a new head every 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Was wondering to................no posts so was it a bust ?

As for a frag swap would just need a place to do it. Also would probably need pics before hand as we all know corals sort of get pissed when traveling...........

Was wondering to................no posts so was it a bust ?

As for a frag swap would just need a place to do it. Also would probably need pics before hand as we all know corals sort of get pissed when traveling...........
well, my shop should be fully completed in a couple weeks...

I could even have a couple 40g breeders with warm water for the frags to go in.

It could be a good time. beer and frags!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

i love trading/buying/selling.. so I’m in as long as I’m in town! I missed the first half+ of the meeting (mom and hour late returning my son lol), but I thought it was great! Most people are probably running around prepping for Christmas 🎄 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Well..............I may have some frags.............re booting my tank and not a lot staying.........

1 hour ago, spectra said:

Well..............I may have some frags.............re booting my tank and not a lot staying.........

Hmmm.  Maybe we should talk. Need to restock after the great crash of 2018 🙁 Got some starts from Jeremy at the meeting (Thanks!) but there will be room for more of those do well. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Hmmm.  Maybe we should talk. Need to restock after the great crash of 2018 🙁 Got some starts from Jeremy at the meeting (Thanks!) but there will be room for more of those do well. 

Let me know I can hook you up I have a few things............sort of had issues myself but a lot of things pulled through.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youcallmenny said:

It's like the frag swap thread is having aftershocks. 🤣

LOL, true.  I think it was just bad timing.  The weekend before christmas....yeah, I'm not busy.  

Plus, after reading some stuff on R2R I have been really thinking about how reefing can be a really great community thing.  I think the ridiculous cost of acros can make people less likely to share their stuff.  When I look at my frag tank I am not like "wow, what can I sell this for"  I am more like...hmmm, who would give me a beer for that?  

Do you think February would be a good time?   Time enough to frag and get things healed, take pictures.  Maybe I will set up a photobucket account so everyones pictures are in one place. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

LOL, true.  I think it was just bad timing.  The weekend before christmas....yeah, I'm not busy.  

Plus, after reading some stuff on R2R I have been really thinking about how reefing can be a really great community thing.  I think the ridiculous cost of acros can make people less likely to share their stuff.  When I look at my frag tank I am not like "wow, what can I sell this for"  I am more like...hmmm, who would give me a beer for that?  

Do you think February would be a good time?   Time enough to frag and get things healed, take pictures.  Maybe I will set up a photobucket account so everyones pictures are in one place. 

Yea and my birthday so you guys will really want to hook me up LOL

56 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I don't think we have details lined up for our meetings over the next few months so we could consider doing this in conjunction with one of those if you wanted to.  Just need a venue big enough to host.  If you got the shop sorted out by then that might work... although parking could be a challenge.  We might need some additional tank capacity - not sure if anyone has some mobile frag systems.  Something to think about anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Reefworx just announced it’s on Feb 23rd... probably good to space this out a bit

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Salted_Waffles said:

I like they idea of getting a swap going. Getting everyone to share pieces and add to our collective stock. It’s nice because if you ever lose a piece or have a crash it’s like your friends have them banked for you so you can get them back later. 

Hey Brian @pdxmonkeyboy, you interested in doing something like this at your place as a feature of a meeting?  Along with your tank setup, I think it would make for a pretty sweet event.  Maybe your neighbors would let us park in their yards?

15 hours ago, albertareef said:

Hey Brian @pdxmonkeyboy, you interested in doing something like this at your place as a feature of a meeting?  Along with your tank setup, I think it would make for a pretty sweet event.  Maybe your neighbors would let us park in their yards?

its possible.  Dawn is still down from knee surgery.  Bert contacted me, I am mulling it over.