December 2018 Frag Swap Thread

badxgillen

As mentioned in the December meeting thread the holiday party would make an opportune place/time to have a frag swap so lets get one started here. These are the general guidelines I like to recommend for these coral exchanges.

If you would like, you can do your trading on the fly by just bringing by a few pieces and hoping that some one will have a desirable coral you want...Or better yet, you can post up what you have to trade and work out a preemptive exchange here on the forums, that method always works best for me. You can feel free to use this thread to post your trade-ables in or start a thread of your own.

But First, let me get you some of Bert's basis tips for success here.

1.) make an attempt to have a fragment of reasonable size and health and try and get things cut and ready a few days to a week ahead of time to have the wounds healed up for the exchange. And double/triple check for pest invertebrates or algaes before sending your corals out, we try to keep invasives to a minimum here...And once you get your frags home, just in case, always acclimate the specimens then dip the corals before you put them into your personal aquarium. QT Aquariums are best but good old Revive, Coral RX, Melafix, Iodine, or Bayer will do much better at prevention than nothing.

2.) Try to package your corals appropriately. This can mean not putting a spiny coral like birds nest into a thin dollar store bag or not utilizing insulation on an extended cold or warm trip. Try a small cooler or Styrofoam. If you can't find either of these and the destination is a long distance, keep the vehicle air conditioned or heated appropriately. As far as packaging goes you can double bag and use thicker mil plastics, or something else like a Tupperware or specimen container. I have even used washed out yogurt or cottage cheese containers that stack well inside the coolers. Just use something that will work, nothing like losing a nice and colorful animal because the bag got too cold and leaked all the water out on the way home.

3.)Do your best to be courteous and fair to one another by not take advantage of each others ignorance or generosity. These are people of all levels in the hobby so give them the benefit of your knowledge and experience instead of the cold shoulder. And speaking of generosity, that giving nature has always been smiled upon here at PNWMAS and pay it forward tends comes back around these parts.

Well, the meeting is closing in fast, less than two weeks yeah.

So Let's see em folks,  Whatcha Got!? Corals that is!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking for dragon soul favia, the classic color pattern. Would like a few eyes. Upscales fixed me up!

Long shot, but fruit loops zoas? I haven’t seen them in ages and don’t even know what they go for anymore, but they were always a fave of mine.  Golden Basket to the rescue! 

$ for trade, because I don’t have enough healthy corals right now to frag/trade anything. Recently moved and had multiple things go wrong; long story short, killed some corals and made the ones that lived very mad. My tank is in recovery mode.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Frags for Christmas Party

Jack o Lantern lepto
True undata
Cornbread bling bling cyphastrea
Cali tort
Apple berry spongodes
Green w/red polyp spongodes
Blue eyed bit### zoas
Forest fire digitata
Apple berry Monti
Pink setosa
Green psamacora
Branching green star polyps
Jason fox sunset style
Pink boobies chalice
Torch pink tips green tentacles 

Torch white tips redish/greenish tentacles 

• Like 1

Frags for Christmas Party

Jack o Lantern lepto
True undata
Cornbread bling bling cyphastrea
Cali tort
Apple berry spongodes
Green w/red polyp spongodes
Blue eyed bit### zoas
Forest fire digitata
Apple berry Monti
Pink setosa
Green psamacora
Branching green star polyps
Jason fox sunset style
Pink boobies chalice
Torch pink tips green tentacles 
Torch white tips redish/greenish tentacles 

I would be interested in Cali tort and the two torches!
Are you looking for trades or just selling?

Sent while trying to get my next coral fix.....

22 hours ago, Paratore said:

I would be interested in Cali tort and the two torches!
Are you looking for trades or just selling?

I would be interested in your zoas. I am a sucker for chalices if anyone has any.

I'd like to get a frag of just about anything. There are a few in particular I'd love to get (Cash or trade).

Wish list:
JF fox flame
Strawberry shortcake
Red planet

I've got bunch of things that I'll take some pictures of since not all have names that I know.

Zoa's:
Rastas
Toxic palys
Watermelon
Gobbstoppers
WWC purple monster
Bam bams
Some others without names

SPS:
Orange Monti cap
Blue Digi (mini colonies)
ORA spongeodes
Orange setosa
Tubbs stellata
WWC Yellow tips
Hollywood stunner chalice
Pokerstar Monti
Idaho grape monti
Sunset monti
Purple w/ green base acro

LPS:
Green hammer branching
Candy cane / trumpet
Meteor shower cyphastrea
Bright green mushrooms
Ricordea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a ton of zoas but i cant make it to the event :(

Jeremy i have red planet and a short cake. they just started really growing so i will put you on the list.

I also owe our prez mr. xgillen for his graciousness at the last meeting. You will have to make it over and see if there is anything you covet. Of course the really nice stuff is taking fo' ever to grow. The acid trip milli is spectacular but it super finicky. Same with the short cake. the colors are amazing but it certainly does like to stop growing.

Anyways, always great to see people sharing. I feel at times people get so caught up in the latest named coral they see dollar signs and hord things. We are really really lucky to have a club like this!!

cheers
pdxmb

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Stuff I’ll have for trade/sale. Nice sized multi polyp frags for the most part. If you want to buy, just pm me with your list and I’ll get you a price.

Zoas:

BBEB

Dragons eyes

Blueberry fields

Rastas

Vampires

Iron mans

JKR Crab Nebulas

TGC Beauty and the Beast

JF Bloodshots

Eye of raw

Captain America’s

Red people eater

King Midas

Rainbow Sakuras

Tyree Rainbows

Scrambled Eggs

Bam bams

Oxides

Armageddon’s

TPA Green Galaxies

Candy Apple Reds

JF Azkraks

Nems:

Black Widow nems

Softies:

Kenya tree

Blue Star polyp

SPS:

Birds of paradise birds nest

Pink birds nest

Blue digi

I’m looking for:

Torches, clams, Scolys, green wall hammer, gold wall hammer, green Bubble Coral, high end zoas, Ritteri anemones, Unique bubble tip anemones, or other bright corals that sway in the flow lol:)

Just PM me with whatever you’ve got and what you want!

• Like 1

I will also green elkhorn branching monti, tri color acro. Added with the list from a few days ago.

I would like to trade for wish list for the Boys and Girls Club tank. Tyree green toadstool, long polyp brown toadstool, gorgonians (besides brown), or other things you think kids would like. 

My wishlist Chalices,SPS,  ora stellar stylo, ora pink stylo, green w/blue polyp monti cap, bubble gum digi. I have a big list but I will stop there. 

• Like 3

I will also green elkhorn branching monti, tri color acro. Added with the list from a few days ago.
I would like to trade for wish list for the Boys and Girls Club tank. Tyree green toadstool, long polyp brown toadstool, gorgonians (besides brown), or other things you think kids would like. 
My wishlist Chalices,SPS,  ora stellar stylo, ora pink stylo, green w/blue polyp monti cap, bubble gum digi. I have a big list but I will stop there. 

I might have a pink gorg for them! I’ll look tomorrow:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am in Salem nowadays, and have frags of Sunny D’s, Blue Agave’s (or seductions, or white zombies, or whatever else they are called these days), and some ones I forgot the name of (but are pretty cool IMO). Can get a few frags of each. 

Open to trades for some corals. Lps, blastos, gold torch, plate corals, other non-SPS coral.

my pictures are bad, I can try to snap some better ones if anyone has interest. 

FB8AA07B-7CAF-400A-8139-73F98A86A307.jpeg

95D4FFB1-A987-4775-8F34-26BD5D4EED6E.jpeg

2C79EA1D-54F7-42FC-8B88-15FBF8FDACCE.jpeg

9A37A7CF-FFCA-4684-A04D-FA877DC88942.jpeg

Edited by jadams7
  • Like 1

I guess I should throw a few things I could trade and or need to trim down starting with...

Zoanthids and Palythoas---Blue Eyed Girls, Blue Eyed Bithes, Eagle Eyes, Radioactive Dragon EYes, Orbits, Midas Touch,Pink and Golds, Rainbow Raptors, Nuclear Winters,Blueberry Fields, PZ Bumble Bees, PZ Punk Rockers, Iron Mans, Captain America, Gobstoppers, Devils Armor, Flame Skirts, 

SPS Branching---Hyacinth Birds Nest, Purple Hystix Birds Nest, Birds Of Paradise Birds Nest, German Blue Digitata, Red Digitata, Green Digitata, Forest Fire Digitata, Green Stellata, ORA Purple Stylophora, Green Pocilipora Dainty, Bright Green Pocilipora, Blue Stag Acropora, Twilight Dragon Acropora, Miyagi Tort Acropora, Upscales Microlados Acropora, Green Mile Acropora, Appleberry Montipora, Green Spongodes Montipora, ORA Supernatural Montipora,

SPS Plating---Pachyseris, Green Apple Capricornus, Flower Petal Capricornus, Candy Red Capricornus, Idaho Grape Capricornus, Purple Capricornus, White polyp Foliosa, LA Lakers Turbinaria, CNC Green Turbinaria, Yellow Scroll Turbinaria, RR Nauti Spiral Montipora, 

SPS Encrusting---Forest Green PSamacora, ORA Kelly Green Psamacora, Pumpkin Pie Psamacora, Lemon Lime Psamacora, GB Watermelon Psamacora, Blue Psamacora, Super Nova Psamacora, Sunset Montipora, Citrus Mistress Montipora, Pokerstar Montipora, Minefield Cyphastrea, Super Red CYphastrea, Lucky Charms Cyphastrea, Yellow Porites, Green Cactus Pavona, Purple Cactus Pavona, 

LPS ---Neon Green Hammer, Purple Tipped Confused Hammer, Duncanopsammia, Green Calaustrea, Joker Favia, Rators Favia, Mango Mycedium Chalice, Green Eyed Mycedium Chalice, Oregon Mummy Eye Chalice, 

Softies---Orange Yuma, Rainbow Yuma, Grubs Gorgonion, Sarcophyton Glaucum, Tyree Green Sarcophyton, Devils Hand, Green Devils Hand, White Pom Pom Xenia, Kenya Tree, Green Kenya Tree, 

Others---Green Galaxia, Bicolor Galaxia, Gold Galaxia, Milipora Coral, Plating Hydnophora, Green Pectinia, Purple Pectinia, 

And I have a bunch of other stuff that I might be able to cut but these are all good candidates for a fragment or two.

I am looking for a little LPS, Zoanthid, and SPS corals. I see a few things I wouldn't mind grabbing in this thread already.

• Like 1

I'm looking for WWC RED Shortcake, Pink Lemonade, Ricordea florida, blastos, and bright colored shrooms (game over, candy crush, those sort of things).

I have some jawbreaker babies to trade, they're still small but were naturally split (not cut). I have some zoas too, I'll try to get some pics. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 3:12 PM, youcallmenny said:

My sps apocalypse in parrotfish form has ended.  Anyone got some easy one's they'd like to trade for $dollars$?  Stags/spongodes/monti cap/digi/birdsnest type things would be great.  I just need to repopulate the top of my arch where I took the most damage.  It's weird because I had several acro's make it through all this but lost every single easy sps.  Guess they didn't like their flesh being forcibly stripped off by that beak lol.  😥

I can cut you a chunk of neon green birdsnest if you want?

• Thanks 1

@Mandinga could you hook me up with a small frag of those fruit loops please?

@Jeremevans I would not mind a little frag of those "Agaves" if you could spare em?

@Gumby Do you still want some of the green with blue polyped flower petal Montipora?

@pdxmonkeyboy  did you get your Appleberry Montipora?

@Jeremevans  would you have a frag of that Acropora or the Purple Monsters?

@Paratore maybe I could talk you out of a frag of Vampires or scrambled eggs?

@youcallmenny let me know what you want me to snap off for your tank restructure and I will see if I can bring em tomorrow.

• Like 1