December 2018 Annual Holiday Meeting

badxgillen

WHOOP WHOOP!!! It is that time of year again, December is almost upon us and that means it is time for our Annual PNWMAS Holiday Party! I know I used a few too many exclamation points but I am just so garsh darn excited! Here listed below is the need to know so Save that date!

Basic Information

Walery's Premium Pizza

1555 Edgewater St NW, Salem, OR 97304

December 22nd 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. 

The club will order a few pizzas and pitchers to get the festivities started off with, but with the counter to the pizzeria is just 15 feet away you should be able to get whatever you need conveniently. Being a pizza fan I like finding what a friend likes and going in on a pizza to share, variety is the spice of life right?

Don't forget that we will have the annual White elephant gift exchange to get in on! To participate we recommend bringing a wrapped item someone might appreciate of a $10-$15 value. We will draw numbers to dictate the order of handing out the gifts, and allow for one optional theft of a previous opened present per person. If you have not participated in a white elephant gift exchange before, this may all sound funny, but I assure you it is a riot of a game where everybody has a good time and walks away with something to remember.

If you are not satisfied with just one gift exchange then don't fret, we have ourselves a good old fashioned frag swap you can get your fix with here. http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/topic/44091-december-2018-frag-swap-thread/

And Last but not Least, we have some amazing prizes from our awesome sponsors and our PNWMAS club, you know we never disappoint. So make sure to bring some cash to buy some tickets and increase those winning odds, and stay tuned for more updates and additions to the raffle prize roster, you all know the PNWMAS December party is always Big!

• Like 7

:cheer: Already bought my white elephant gift in anticipation! It’s my favorite part of our holiday meeting each year. 

Looking forward to the frag swap thread, as well. Moving my tank didn’t go so well, and I lost quite a few things. Working toward replacing some favorites. I have frags of $ to trade. 😂

• Like 2

I'll miss out on this meeting, but for a good reason.  I'm flying to New York with the wife to visit her family for Xmas, then flying to Paris for a 6 day river cruise over New Year's Day.

This will be the first time I'll be away from my tank for more than a day so I'm a bit worried, but our house sitter/dog sitter/aquarium sitter will be briefed on the basics and I hope to have enough documentation in place for her to keep things running.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

Awesome! I will definitely be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you will make it Bill - been a while!

Looking forward to seeing everyone since I had to miss out on the fragfest.  Here's hoping we get everything sorted for mom before the 22nd so I can actually make it (thinking positive thoughts...).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

So typical white elephant gifts are kinda gag gifts so to speak so with this event should they be more reef related and usable? 

Either. We see aquarium items, reef themed non-aquarium items (like socks with fish on them), and completely unrelated items (like lotto tickets). Whatever you feel like bringing! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

So typical white elephant gifts are kinda gag gifts so to speak so with this event should they be more reef related and usable? 

34 minutes ago, Flashy Fins said:

Either. We see aquarium items, reef themed non-aquarium items (like socks with fish on them), and completely unrelated items (like lotto tickets). Whatever you feel like bringing! 

I would just add that you should save any Justin Bieber related items for Scott @spectra - he is a big fan.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

I would just add that you should save any Justin Bieber related items for Scott @spectra - he is a big fan.

That singing toothbrush is finally out of circulation at our parties! I won it and regifted as my white elephant at a work party. The owner’s boyfriend, a rich and stuffy guy with no sense of humor about these kind of things, shot us all the death glare when he opened it. 😂 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Flashy Fins said:

That singing toothbrush is finally out of circulation at our parties! I won it and regifted as my white elephant at a work party. The owner’s boyfriend, a rich and stuffy guy with no sense of humor about these kind of things, shot us all the death glare when he opened it. 😂 

Haha - that is exactly the gift I was thinking of.  Too funny!

So with myself being new one here  i'm going to ask a couple silly questions, is this a meeting that is open to newbies as well or do I need to become a member in order to attend?

I would love to try and make it!

I'm hoping to get my first tank setup next year but would love to get involved and learn what I can now. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

A NEWS FLASH FOR YOU ALL!!!

The club has put together another Awesome batch of raffle items for the upcoming holiday party, just take a look at what we have coming your way!

AquaMedic EVO 4 channel doser

amedicadd4__09938.1498146337.650.650.jpg

Echotech Vectra 51 DC Pump

209197-vectra-m1-ecotech-marine.jpg

Aquatic Life 4 stage RODI unit

Ehiem Automatic Feeder

1085948-left-2.jpg

Hydor Koralia Evolution CIrc Pump 1,100GPH

Hydor Koralia Evolution Circ Pump  1,500GPH

1490974-left-1.jpg

Ice Cap 3K Gyre Generation Flow Pump

3K-GYRE-AND-BOX-1000x1000__81441.1544713843.650.650.jpg

So bring some extra cash to grab some raffle tickets at the meeting! More items will be added to the prize list soon, there should be something for everybody.

• Like 5

On 12/21/2018 at 8:58 AM, youcallmenny said:

Super excited for this meeting!  I've got a good white elephant gift this year, someone is gunna get lucky!

I have some Rock nems in a QT box in my tank for ya! I won't be at the meet but I'll try an make it up to Salem before Wednesday :) 

• Thanks 1