ok folks... what did u get on black friday?

pdxmonkeyboy

8 minutes ago, Manny Tavan said:

Waterbox 190 gallon tank with nyos 160 skimmer

orphek atlantik v4 led lights x2 with gateway v2

tropic marin pro reef salt 200g bucket

icecap battery back up

tunze osmolator ato

the newly released hanna salinity/temp checker

I’m not done yet lol

Sexy list but I would second guess those lights. Orphek is a joke as a company, I hope to God I never have a issue with mine. Don't forget there overpriced mount kit they sell, I paid $250 an got there invoice that Hong Kong sent saying they paid $40 bucks for the 2pair I bought 🤣

I asked for a hanging kit an they couldn't even get me that because they don't actually handle any of there products, they just drop ship em on over from China. Got emails for days to prove this company has no idea what there doing. The lights would be nothing if it wasn't for brs an there so called sale is the same price it's been for a year other then the director that's actually on sale. Don't get me going on the v4 vs v4.2 cuz that's a joke in itself.

Sexy list though an let us know how you like that waterbox tank, they raised there prices a few months in advance to make up for adding that skimmer, they didn't wanna comment on that when asked on there live feed lol.

I didn’t get their mount kit (looks flimsy). I’m going to build a light mount out of 80/20 extruded aluminum because they are super heavy. I actually made my choice based on a youtuber that has them and his sps look amazing. They’re cheaper than what it would take to have radions only or even t5/radion combo. 

1 minute ago, Manny Tavan said:

I didn’t get their mount kit (looks flimsy). I’m going to build a light mount out of 80/20 extruded aluminum because they are super heavy. I actually made my choice based on a youtuber that has them and his sps look amazing. They’re cheaper than what it would take to have radions only or even t5/radion combo. 

I should have just made my own, I paid $250 an 4days later they changed the price to $199 an there response to me was basically ha you bought em bud there yours. 😡

My tanks still in the works but for what I'm in the lights, they better wow me.

Waterbox 190 gallon tank with nyos 160 skimmer
orphek atlantik v4 led lights x2 with gateway v2
tropic marin pro reef salt 200g bucket
icecap battery back up
tunze osmolator ato
the newly released hanna salinity/temp checker
I’m not done yet lol

Dang, that sounds like a sweet setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing Black Friday specific, but I grabbed a sweet acan from C&C yesterday and picking up a couple sweet frags from Rudy in a minute. And I ordered some diffusers for my radions. Thought long and hard about the aquatic life T5 fixture to add my radions to, but I really like the simplicity of my radion mounts.

• Like 2

Quick crappy pic of my QT, newly loaded up after Black Friday. Hard to pick out everything in there, but the 3 items that stand out the most are my favorite scores, anyway. :)

bleeding apple scoly from All Things Aquariums

red & green brain coral from Cuttlefish

nuclear candy cane cluster from Upscales

Also ordered an Icecap gyre from Marine Depot, which was discounted for the holiday. Excited to give it try!

CB61EED9-BA65-4D64-B797-DF249D9C146A.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very, very nice score!  That a sun coral in the bottom left?  Digging the starfish too. 

22 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

Nothing Black Friday specific, but I grabbed a sweet acan from C&C yesterday and picking up a couple sweet frags from Rudy in a minute. And I ordered some diffusers for my radions. Thought long and hard about the aquatic life T5 fixture to add my radions to, but I really like the simplicity of my radion mounts.

Well let's see some pictures!  

On 11/24/2018 at 10:33 AM, HexaReef said:

Dang! Y'all must be doctors or professional athletes! Aren't Atlantiks like $1 million dollars per LED?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It was 25% off for black friday so I only paid $750000.

I dated Kim Kardashian back in the days, that’s how I can afford this hobby lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2018 at 9:31 PM, Flashy Fins said:

Quick crappy pic of my QT, newly loaded up after Black Friday. Hard to pick out everything in there, but the 3 items that stand out the most are my favorite scores, anyway. :)

bleeding apple scoly from All Things Aquariums

red & green brain coral from Cuttlefish

nuclear candy cane cluster from Upscales

Also ordered an Icecap gyre from Marine Depot, which was discounted for the holiday. Excited to give it try!

CB61EED9-BA65-4D64-B797-DF249D9C146A.jpeg

Looks like you scored some nice pieces to give the new tank some pop!