Soft corals and zoas, spotted mandarin, and pencil urchin

EMeyer

I'm selling off some soft corals to make room in the frag tank, and still looking for a new home for this spotted mandarin and pencil urchin. All items are for sale or trade. I'd consider trades for various invertebrates, corals, or a 40g breeder tank. 

#1. Spotted (aka yellow) Mandarin, female, 2" ($20). Has lived happily in one of my algal refugia for about 9 months. Too pretty a fish to live hidden in a refugium, but she fights with her sister if I put her in the DT. I have recently witnessed her eating frozen mysis.

1d9c164c-4611-4e7f-ace9-1c8c7f69d6cb_zps

4344e849-5930-497e-9d6f-ed8b2b7e68d4_zps

#2. Pencil urchin ($10). Had him over a year. I banished him to the refugium a while back because he kept knocking stuff over. If your tank is more urchin proof, hes a great grazer. 

urchin_zpsnzetowho.jpg

#3. (MOSTLY SOLD OUT, INQUIRE ABOUT AVAILABILITY IF STILL INTERESTED). Easy soft coral starter packs. I've added some additional zoas to the list (and if anyone has names for the ones I'm listing as unnamed, I'd be curious to hear them). I can ship these: 6 for $50 or 12 for $80 (shipped prices)

Want to add color and motion to your tank for a low price? I'm trying to clear out a bunch of soft corals to make room in the frag tank. These are nothing high-end but they are big and colorful and cheap. These are great beginner soft corals, easy to keep alive and fast growing. These thrive in a wide variety of light, flow, and nutrient levels. 

You pick 6 or 12 from my list of soft corals. These are big, fat, well-healed soft coral frags mounted on tiles, frag plugs, or live rock rubble. The list:

A. Eagle eye zoanthids. Bright green and red under blue light.

B. Peanut butter cup zoanthids. Two tone browns in daylight, bright orange centers under blue light.

C. Gobstopper zoanthids. Bright pink center with a bright green mouth. Very bright under blue lights. 

D. Neon green sinularia. Super bright green in daylight or blue lights. Grows large with lots of branches. 

E. Bright green palythoas. White striped pattern in center, very bright green under blue lights.

F. Pale blue palythoas. Teal to light blue, very distinct from the green ones. 

G. Pulsing Xenia. Some love it for its constant motion and rapid growth. Some consider it a pest for the same reason. 

H. Tubipora. A cool mint green color. Fast growing but doesnt spread, just makes a giant bush.

I. Green star polyps. This is a branching morph. Very fast growing and very bright green.

J. Spotted green mushrooms. Stripes and spots in shades of green. 

L. Kenya tree. Big, brown, and fast growing.

M: 'armor of god' zoanthids, bright red under both white lights and blues. 

N: unnamed zoanthid, I call it yellow and gold. Two different morphs of the same type (not two types mixed together). Metallic coppery under whites, bright yellow and gold under blues. 

0: unnamed zoanthid, I call it pink and gold. Unimpressive under white lights. Under blues, it has beautiful pink flecks and a yellow mouth. 

Shipping: I ship these priority mail through USPS. They are robust corals that can tolerate this, and it keeps shipping costs low. I will ship each order in a styrofoam lined box with a heat pack, and will delay shipping if weather conditions are not suitable. The shipped costs listed here apply only in OR or WA. Outside of that, additional shipping charges will apply. If youd like to meet somewhere in person between Corvallis - Eugene, subtract $15 from the shipped price. If you'd like to come pick them up in Monroe OR, subtract $20 from listed price. 

Finally the pics! First some representative pictures of frags, then mother colony photos for some of the corals, to give you a better sense what they'll grow into. 

64af51a5-e0fe-496a-afb7-5534e8e9d8c7-ori

bd72a09e-c330-4b7f-901d-8eee4caceab3-ori

9aac1d96-355d-49a6-b87b-27e3d4e83718-ori

64313d56-002c-4248-8253-fb17311a0830-ori
2330bff3-a29a-47bd-b8b9-00ffabaa8139-ori
2f476a2a-efb2-4a60-8376-4cd1c494c067-ori
81878aad-70f9-458c-a72f-0671d6c94ddf-ori
4890669a-35db-40af-8766-9eccc34c61cc-ori
953f0ea9-66ce-46c8-8ab3-67fab0908dd6-ori

Edited by EMeyer

• 2 weeks later...