105g build

Jorge

6 hours ago, Jorge said:

One last check before sand and water. Good enough!

20181202_115311.jpg

That angle you’re seeing is probably because the wall side of the tank stand is sitting on the tack strip for the rug. If you pull the tank off the wall 2-3” the slope will probably go away.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xmas_one said:

That angle you’re seeing is probably because the wall side of the tank stand is sitting on the tack strip for the rug. If you pull the tank off the wall 2-3” the slope will probably go away.

Actually its from the 2 ft level sitting all the way across to the front of the glass at an agle. The space between the glass and the level is the inside of the tank.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 8:20 PM, Jorge said:

Actually its from the 2 ft level sitting all the way across to the front of the glass at an agle. The space between the glass and the level is the inside of the tank.

I got all concerned and then read this post and looked at the picture again.  That's pretty funny Jorge!  Let's see all those fish you were telling me about. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, youcallmenny said:

I got all concerned and then read this post and looked at the picture again.  That's pretty funny Jorge!  Let's see all those fish you were telling me about. 

Bubble is good!

And he doesnt have any time right now.............Jeff is working him today getting ready for tomorrow :laugh: midnight shipment......

And I heard today there just saltwater goldfish anyway :popcorn:

Edited by spectra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, Jorge said:

Hey Greg, it comes with dry wall anchors. Super easy. Even for me😅

Jorge, how much does your light unit weigh? My 36" ATI hybrid unit weighs about 50 pounds with a big power/control cable attached and I don't trust sheetrock anchors for that. I assumed I would have to attach some 1x3 boards solidly to the ceiling and hang my light from them. Your way would be a lot easier for me if it would hold safely. - Mark

19 hours ago, markvo said:

Jorge, how much does your light unit weigh? My 36" ATI hybrid unit weighs about 50 pounds with a big power/control cable attached and I don't trust sheetrock anchors for that. I assumed I would have to attach some 1x3 boards solidly to the ceiling and hang my light from them. Your way would be a lot easier for me if it would hold safely. - Mark

I have a 48" 8 bulb hanging from the ceiling with just 2 anchors and not worried at all. I use a Hilti anchor that I use all the time at work. Only failure I have seen over the years was from stupidity...........they will hold a light up with no issues at all.

I can get you a few if interested I use them all the time for handrails when there is no backing in a wall.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 6:49 PM, spectra said:

Bubble is good!

And he doesnt have any time right now.............Jeff is working him today getting ready for tomorrow :laugh: midnight shipment......

And I heard today there just saltwater goldfish anyway :popcorn:

It has definitely been a few very busy weeks! 

I did add a few saltwater goldfish indeed!

On 12/15/2018 at 11:42 AM, markvo said:

Hey Mark! I did own a 48" 8 bulb power module and without getting technical the ai hanging kit is a fraction of the weight compared to the ati! With the ati I had to climb up into the attic and run two small pieces of 2x4 horizontally to support the weight.

On 12/14/2018 at 8:27 AM, SuncrestReef said:

What’s the latest update on this tank?  Are you just waiting for it to cycle?

I literally added fish the next day after adding water! I got diatoms about 4 days after that were gladly welcomed by a small clean up crew! I did a small water change this morning. Tested for ammonia and came back at 0!😊

20181216_140730.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...