My least favorite part of a build

Manny Tavan

It’s pretty light. It’s just the base right now. Will be placing all the branches once i get my 1/2” ceramic rods and new cement. It will be just one piece that weighs about 50-60 lbs. that’s why i wanted the feet to have a wider contact patch

Edited by Manny Tavan

I ended up using both epoxy (for the critical joints) and cement (to reinforce it) and so far it is holding. The base using rocks is completed. Now I need to add the branches
B211ABF1-4B58-45CE-88CA-A9D49708F9D5.thumb.jpeg.7338117a3ac53b912b2a4f30fd91ef66.jpeg
485FBD42-D2E3-472B-9DD9-FB15E5ADFC30.thumb.jpeg.883a90ea42ebff30fa9abe08611848c2.jpeg
6FBAF060-3230-4646-A322-FEAFE7EB728D.thumb.jpeg.98417496979985f708d40db9ea4a9ba5.jpeg

That's pretty cool! The epoxy and cement seems to be pretty solid to hold that cantilever out there like that. Does the hydraulic cement or marco cement work on wet live rock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool! The epoxy and cement seems to be pretty solid to hold that cantilever out there like that. Does the hydraulic cement or marco cement work on wet live rock?

Yes it does. Hydraulic cement is used to patch concrete pipes that are in use. It might take longer to cure though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Willapa said:

Two days later that overhang felt apart lol. I’m tying to find another solution now...

• Sad 1