High End DIY Peristaltic - Masterflex Alternative?

TheClark

Tygon LFL tubing, larger diameter.

Lower RPM due to larger tubing

Metal rollers (bearings) for long pump head life

Most shockingly... Prototyping with no surface to compress against.  Tubing is not squeezed/rubbed against a printed part, only contacts the bearings.  I haven't seen many like this, so cautiously optimistic...

918698DC-E78B-46DE-BDCF-68A943FBF0CC.jpeg

14 hours ago, albertareef said:

Pretty interesting for sure!  I wonder how the elasticity of the tubing will hold up without the pressure plate stabilizing it from excess movement. Does eliminate the potential for wear due to the friction.  Hmmm.  

Ya, good point.  I will use it live here and find out!  Fun to try stuff for sure...

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Happy to see the update! I was just about to post on here the other day to ask for one!

you think this would do dual head for auto water change decently? I almost bought a Masterflex dual head but the seller couldn’t figure out shipping 😞

If I could wrap this sucker up, I think it would be great for that purpose!   Being stepper motor driven and the calibration, this thing is crazy accurate.  Will definitely update when it comes back to life :)

If you have close access to a floor drain though Jeff... My best APEX water change to date was the float based system (with multiple redundant floats).  It quickly pumps water out of the sump to the low mark, then refills with premixed saltwater.  I did 5 gallons a day for at least a couple of years minus the down time when remixing salt...  It was quite reliable and had no detectable SG drift (on 450 gallon system).  It isn't friendly for long runs though like a peristaltic based solution.  You know all this though, just sharing :)

• Like 2