marine depot

See Success at Every Level with Dr. Tim's

I have had great success with the nitrifying bacteria. There are other brands out there that I have tried but this one has worked the best for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

I have had great success with the nitrifying bacteria. There are other brands out there that I have tried but this one has worked the best for me.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Dr. Tim's. I've had luck with bacteria products from Prodibio (really like that brand) and Brightwell Aquatics, but Dr. Tim is a person (and a brand) that people trust!

We are delighted (and excited) to finally be able to offer Dr. Tim's at Marine Depot!

We'll be having one of our Marine Depot Chats with Experts live calls with Dr. Tim on November 14. We'll post a registration link once it's available (here is a link to tomorrow's call if you are interested).

Have a great day,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, marine depot said:

Thank you for sharing your experience with Dr. Tim's. I've had luck with bacteria products from Prodibio (really like that brand) and Brightwell Aquatics, but Dr. Tim is a person (and a brand) that people trust!

We are delighted (and excited) to finally be able to offer Dr. Tim's at Marine Depot!

We'll be having one of our Marine Depot Chats with Experts live calls with Dr. Tim on November 14. We'll post a registration link once it's available (here is a link to tomorrow's call if you are interested).

Have a great day,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

I agree Brightwell makes good quality products. I have used their calcium , alk and mg. To be honesr  I haven’t tried Prodibio but will certainly look into them. Thanks for the link. I will definitely try to check it out. I’m not as familiar with his other products but remember how skeptical people were about his denitrifying bacteria when it first came out on the market. 

• Like 1

Just now, Emerald525 said:

I agree Brightwell makes good quality products. I have used their calcium , alk and mg. To be honesr  I haven’t tried Prodibio but will certainly look into them. Thanks for the link. I will definitely try to check it out. I’m not as familiar with his other products but remember how skeptical people were about his denitrifying bacteria when it first came out on the market. 

Beneficial bacteria is my not-so-secret weapon!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, marine depot said:

Beneficial bacteria is my not-so-secret weapon!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

I think as more people are seeing the results and better safety profile of other methods it’s really taking off. I have heard really good things about Vibrant as was going to try it on my stepdaughter’s Nuvo 25 that is overrun with bubble algae. She’s feeding lightly. Using chemipure and doing every other week water changes and still can’t get on top of it.

Edited by Emerald525

26 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

I think as more people are seeing the results and better safety profile of other methods it’s really taking off. I have heard really good things about Vibrant as was going to try it on my stepdaughter’s Nuvo 25 that is overrun with bubble algae. She’s feeding lightly. Using chemipure and doing every other week water changes and still can’t get on top of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marine depot said:

Thanks for the video. We did get an emerald crab this weekend and it took to it immediately but I’m always leery of them because I have had a few start eating corals. I had heard in. Richard Ross talk a few years ago that there’s no proof that busting bubble algae actually worsens the spread. I still try not to break them in the tank just to be on the safe side and it’s certainly easier to remove intact if you can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Thanks for the video. We did get an emerald crab this weekend and it took to it immediately but I’m always leery of them because I have had a few start eating corals. I had heard in. Richard Ross talk a few years ago that there’s no proof that busting bubble algae actually worsens the spread. I still try not to break them in the tank just to be on the safe side and it’s certainly easier to remove intact if you can.

Oh cool, that was why I shared the video actually, for the livestock ideas. I have two bubbles that appear in crevices within a bunch of zoanthids and fortunately I am able to siphon them out easily. They are firm and look like grapes. They might taste like grapes too, but I'm not going to try one. lol I am fortunate they have not spread in the 3 years I've had the tank going.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marine depot said:

Oh cool, that was why I shared the video actually, for the livestock ideas. I have two bubbles that appear in crevices within a bunch of zoanthids and fortunately I am able to siphon them out easily. They are firm and look like grapes. They might taste like grapes too, but I'm not going to try one. lol I am fortunate they have not spread in the 3 years I've had the tank going.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Hey Jeff - I know I’ve mentioned it before but it is great to have a national vendor who is so active and engaged on the forum. Thanks again for contributing your experience and ideas. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, albertareef said:

Hey Jeff - I know I’ve mentioned it before but it is great to have a national vendor who is so active and engaged on the forum. Thanks again for contributing your experience and ideas. 

It's the best part of the job! 😄

On 10/23/2018 at 11:45 AM, Emerald525 said:

FWIW...

I wiped out all algae in my son's 60 gallon cube with Fluconazole.  The bubble algae took weeks, but it went away as well.  Miracle stuff!

• Thanks 2

Just now, TheClark said:

FWIW...

I wiped out all algae in my son's 60 gallon cube with Fluconazole.  The bubble algae took weeks, but it went away as well.  Miracle stuff!

Yes it does and we did that for Sirena’s seahorse tank but it came back once we stopped dosing. Maybe we should try it again.