Parrot fish.. this time, it's the last fish addition

danlu_gt

Stopped by CnC, there are lots of cool corals and fish. So hard to leave empty handed... Got a gorgeous parrotfish... Jeff didn't have to twist my arms too much. Haha

Did my usual fish dip then into the social box. First 20mins or so my crosshatch triggers we're super curious. Now they're all calm but I suspect there'll be a short initial chase when I let it out in a few days.

81009b2d81db421e0961bba3feb75d00.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Guess I'll have to be extra careful when hand feeding my tank with flakes.  My female trigger draws blood every once in awhile when she caught my finger.

Hopefully, I can keep it's color with variety of prepared food and DIY seafood spirulina mix.

Now, I' a little worry it might chop away all my rocks.  I don't have that much to start off with.  Might need to just let my montiporas grow instead of trimming them back in the future.   Can't wait till I let it out of the social box.

• Like 1

Last night the triggers were resting in their cave and all the tangs seem peaceful, I couldn't resist and released the parrot fish.  As sunrise starts, triggers came out of their cave and parrot fish swam off the sandbed.  Initial, only my Regal angel gave it the cold shoulder, but as the light intensity increased male trigger gave it a series of quick nudges.  The tangs took turns to check it out.  By mid morning, only the male trigger still showed some interest with short darts toward it.  By noon, all seems well so I decided to clean the glass and get some pictures with my big DSLR.

DLU_9954.JPG

DLU_9990.JPG

DLU_9844.JPG

• Like 5

Apparently I celebrated too soon. :( As the tank gets darker, make crosshatch got moody and started to chase the parrot fish around. Luckily, I was able to remove the parrot fish before it lose too many scales. I'm going to let it recover a bit in the frag tank before doing to social box again.

1 hour ago, danlu_gt said:

Apparently I celebrated too soon. 😞 As the tank gets darker, make crosshatch got moody and started to chase the parrot fish around. Luckily, I was able to remove the parrot fish before it lose too many scales. I'm going to let it recover a bit in the frag tank before doing to social box again.

Bummer - sounded like you had cleared that hurdle.  Hope it eventually makes it into the DT safely!