emergency tank move, questions.

gradth

Well par for the course for me, i get one thing going and something goes to hell the next day.  I finally have my 120 up and running, everything is going well and I wake up to a flood in my upstairs bathroom this morning.  Long story short, kids bathroom toilet overflows and keeps running all night, floods the bathroom, hallway, both my kids rooms, leaks through the ceiling downstairs to our just remodeled kitchen, into the family room.  Pretty much all the sheetrock has to be replaced in half the downstairs, floors, its a mess. 

Luckily the fish tank didnt get exposed to any of it, but now i have to find a way to move it to the other room.  120 gallon tank, 40ish gallon sump, monster stand.  Can it be moved as is? im guessing not. Any ideas?  I really hate the idea of having to tear another tank down especially when I just got this tank established, fish and nems are happy and doing well.

IMG_1343.jpg

I’ve done this before and moved much larger things this way like detached garages and such. But if you can remove a good amount of water then buy some galvanized round fence post for chain link fence and you can roll the tank and stand like on a conveyor belt  you just need someone moving the posts as you move it (leap frog them) it also requires being able to get under the entire thing and lift up the 1.5” to get it goin. I’ve use picking bars to do this as one end is flat and other is pointed. A lil patience and thinking it out and the job wont be too tuff

• Like 1

thanks for the ideas folks. not sure i have the room to roll it, but it gives me some ideas to work with. Luckily i went bare bottom so not much to stir up. lifting it may be an issue but since they have to replace the floor in the entire room im not to worried about messing it up. 

Anyone ever feel like as soon as they get ahead, somethings got to just kick you in the sack?

6 minutes ago, gradth said:

thanks for the ideas folks. not sure i have the room to roll it, but it gives me some ideas to work with. Luckily i went bare bottom so not much to stir up. lifting it may be an issue but since they have to replace the floor in the entire room im not to worried about messing it up. 

Anyone ever feel like as soon as they get ahead, somethings got to just kick you in the sack?

Story of my life