Fragfest Oct 27th Vendors

Gumby

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is excited for the show!  We are going to have a great speaker in Mark Callahan (Mr. Saltwater Guy). We will also have many great prizes for our raffle, but the bread and butter to our Fragfest are our Vendors. Over the next couple of weeks, I am going to list a little blurb on each one, so you have a little background on them over the next couple of weeks.

Also each Vendor  will have vouchers for free raffle tickets for buying corals from them. For each individual Vendor that you spend $50 you get 1 free raffle ticket, $100/3 free tickets, $150/5 tickets and $200/8 tickets.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

purple-u1168.png?crc=3784834957

Owner:  Rudy Batara

Business location: Tigard, OR

Golden Basket Reef

Premium Service   +   Quality Coral Frags   =   A worry free buying experience

A formula that defines the shopping experience at Golden Basket Reef, a brand established as the hottest, quality, parasite free, live corals available to the reefing community since the 90’s.  All our corals are carefully monitored as they grow-at our facility.  Whether you just started collecting or are a long-time reefer, we can build you the coral collection of your dreams!

Sustainability

We acquire only select premium mother colonies and propagate them in-house.  We believe this is the best way to bring rare, vibrant corals - sustainably into the reefing community.  A love for corals and their reefs drives our sustainability goals, sustained us for over 25 years of business, and is what brought the Golden Basket brand to where it is today.

Over the years, our business model has evolved.  At first, we found our footing importing colonies of regular stock, wild and mariculture, corals.  Later, we transitioned to importing of select premium mother colonies with the goal of in-house propagation to grow captive grown/aquaculture coral frags.

We also continually acquire aquaculture frags from proven domestic growers expanding our grow out varieties.  Some of our most recognized corals are the Krakatoa line of Zoa’s, GB Emperor Zoa’s, the GB Avatar Chalice, the GB Thunder & Lightning Chalice, and GB Burning Candle Acropora.

What inspired you Rudy to start the hobby? Watching intricate detail, asst colors, and coral movement attracted me into the hobby long ago. Gave me pleasing and calm feeling.

What are your favorite corals? The Burning Candle Acro and the original Krakatoa R.I.P.

What corals will we will see at your booth on the Saturday Oct. 27th? You will see a lot of zoa, lps, mushrooms, and sps that I prepare for the show. 

Those of you that don't Rudy well known among the reefer community. He has been around the U.S. to shows year round. We are fortunate and excited to have him. Stop by and check out his amazing corals.

• Like 5

Tampico Coral Farms

Tampico Coral Farms is a family run coral farm founded by Kyle Woekel in 2007. We grow tropical corals in a green house in Monmouth, Oregon. At Tampico Coral Farms, we pride ourselves in providing top quality corals grown in our state-of-the-art facility and we stand behind our work. We are wholesale to the trade selling primarily to Pet Stores and Distributors nationwide. Feel free to contact us to find out where you can buy our corals in your area. Industry folks Contact us today set up an account and get on our mailing list or to just say Hi. Regarding corals that I grow and will be at the show. I literally grow ALL of them but I have a soft spot for Acro's, Montis and LPS. At the show expect to see Nice Acro's and Monti's (both named and un-named), Zoanthids of all types. High end Chalice, Acans, Flowerpots, and just about every other type of frag around. I will also be bringing some High end LPS Colonies, Like Trachyphyllia and Scolymia.

Thank you Kyle.

• Like 4

advertisement_alt

Barrier Reef Aquariums A staple at all the local swaps, Barrier always brings some of the best of the best with them. With a huge in store selection, and a strong online presence, Barrier is your go to source for all things reef, and maintenance too! Their friendly, reef addicted staff is always there with a word of advice, or the answer to any of your questions, and the amount of knowledge these folks have built up over the years is truly impressive. Also, be sure to check out the Barrier Reef Private line of products including refractomers, phosphate media, and RO/DI units. Be sure to pay them a visit at NWFragFest and check out all their amazing stock, or just to take advantage of the years of experience and knowledge they bring to this hobby. We will have assorted frags in the range of $10-$20 and small higher end colonies will also be available.

• Like 3

image.png

Unrivaled Reefs
NW FragFest Vendor

With 10+ years of experience in the industry Unrivaled Reefs caters to reef enthusiasts and specializes in premium coral at reasonable prices. A local vendor now taking on the national stage with appearances at MACNA in Las Vegas and RAP California this past weekend. We are proud to have them attending NWFragFest for our 2nd annual event. Unrivaled Reefs is your source for high-quality marine livestock and is committed to providing the healthiest and brightest corals in the industry. Unrivaled Reefs is highly supportive of aquaculture efforts carrying livestock grown at their facility or by local farmers. As hobbyists as well they maintain their own personal aquariums amassing only the best corals and have collected strains of coral from many different vendors in order to find the best possible color, hardiness and growth rates. Oh, and if you are looking for something extra special, be sure to check out their selection at unrivaledreefs.com or their Instagram

gene1.jpg

gene2.jpg

gene3.jpg

gene4.jpg

• Like 4

image.png

Owner: Garrett Munoz

Store location: Salem, OR

The Premium Aquarium is your Oregon fish store aquarium supply destination. We specialize in invertebrates, corals, macro algae, fish, freshwater plants, all of your dry goods needs, and special requests! If you are in need of a few coral frags for your tank, want to add a few fish, or perhaps would like to pick up a clean up crew, The Premium Aquarium fish store is here to help! We have a great selection of fish, corals, inverts, and dry goods and the best pricing in the industry!

The Premium Aquarium started out as a hobbyist system. Soon business was being conducted out of the garage. Three garages later, a store in its own building was opened. The Premium Aquarium became very successful and was acquiring business from all over the northwest. Needing more space, the new store is around four times the size of the last and utilizes cutting edge technology in lighting, and water care. As one of the largest saltwater fish stores in the northwest The Premium Aquarium carries a great diversity of Fish, Coral, Live Rock, Dry Goods, and new and used tanks/equipment. After many requests, the store now has freshwater fish and supplies.

Wholesale Facility

Using our extensive network of exporters, we have introduced our wholesale distribution service for  fish stores and maintenance contractors all across the United States. Contact us for more information on becoming a wholesale customer.

Garrett, what or who got  you first into get into the hobby? I’ve always had a fascination with the reef. I think it might have started with some coffee table books at Grandmas house. Lol.  Started off with various aquariums as a kiddo. Got into reef keeping after visiting a Petco while in college to get the Wife a Betta. We both liked the look of saltwater fish far more and after talking to one of the employees, we decided to give it a go with a 29 gallon elclipse setup(horrible reef choice but taught me many lessons).

What are your  favorite corals? I am an SPS (acros get me excited) guy myself but we stock all the variety that we can at the shop.

Garrett and his crew will be guaranteed to have a nice variety and selection at the NWFragfest.

• Like 5

NWFragfest Vendor

Paul Hamby the wily Fragfest Veteran

I’ve been in the reef keeping hobby since the mid 90’s. Growing corals since 1999. Selling aquaculture corals since 2000. As the former PSAS President I helped organize the annual Frag swap before it was renamed the Bob Moore frag swap. I will has several hundred sps, lps, mushrooms, leather corals and zoanthids. I’ll have large pieces including mini -colonies, large colonies and regular sized frags. Named corals like Walt Disney, JF - Fox Flame, Oregon Tort, OG Bounce shrooms, Pink Diamond Palys, 25-30 polyp

• Like 3

We are excited to have KMM joining to our NWFragfest.com this year!
I started this as a hobby about 6 years ago. Was a 29gal tank and a tiny damsel. I quickly moved up to a 72 gal. But when I discovered anemone I was hooked! I originally was starting BTA propagation tank. I really knew nothing! I wasn’t even using RODI water. Well I quickly learned after killing a lot of nems. In the process I started doing zoas and shrooms. Wasn’t long before I was hooked on them too. So for the last few years I’ve been selling and trading to build up my stock. I get a lot of my stock from hobbiests and a few of the stores in Washington and Oregon. At the show you can expect me to bring ZOAS , MUSHROOMS, ACANS , RFA and aquacultured BTAs.

Image may contain: text
  • Like 1

image.pngHi my name is Mike Phillips I'm 46 years old and I have been in the hobby since I was 12. I started out with tropical fish then when I was about 18 I switch to saltwater. I had a fish only with just a few Coral. In the past seven or eight years I have seriously dove head-first LOL into the hobby more. I have learned a lot more from talking with store owners and with people on the forums sharing their information and stories. I currently have a 180 gallon mixed reef tank with a little bit of everything in it. My business goals are to offer the highest quality corals that I can to the area of Snohomish County since there is no saltwater specific stores around me. I try to only Buy aquacultured Coral from my suppliers in the US as well as local hobbyist in the Pacific Northwest. Anything else you can think of let me know since English was my worst subject in school lol. Not sure what else I can say but let me know and I'll be happy to give you some more info. Thanks for the interest and I will see you and less than a month. Getting very excited can't wait"

• Like 1

Vendors for the Fragfest

image.png

Seahorse Aquarium & Supply owners, Terry & Tewsley are a husband and wife

team who a little more than three years ago began working with Tewsley's

late father Woody in the family business, an iconic saltwater fish and reef

store in Portland, OR since 1996.

Initially mentored by Woody in the classic traditions and sometimes

unconventional ways of Seahorse,  the two have put their own fingerprints on

the business giving it a more modern feel, focus on corals, and carrying

reefer trusted brands such as Neptune Apex, Salifert, & Red Sea.

Tewsley has a real passion for interesting and beautiful mushroom coral and

some of her favorite fish are the Pearly Jawfish and Midas Blenny.  Terry is

always intrigued by a colorful piece of acropora or vibrant LPS, pretty much

anything else they haven't had in the store before. Some of his favorite

fish come from the large and exotic wrasse family like the Mystery, Lineatus

& Rhomboid Wrasse.

Just like their store they will feature a wide variety of corals at the NW

Frag Swap from collector SPS and mushrooms to beautifully colored

inexpensive pieces for everyone's budget. 

Thank You

Terry Squires

• Like 3

image.png

NWFragfest Vendor

Another Great Vendor that will be at the show!
Saltwater City
"Saltwater City has been in Bellevue, WA since 1995. We are the complete marine aquarium source for home hobbyists. Saltwater City is your direct source for tropical corals, fish, food, and other premium aquarium products and accessories."