Light stopped working

pdxreeftank

I am not sure if this is an emergency or not but one of my Hydra 26hds stopped working yesterday evening, I have contacted their support, and also red sea support. I have 2 other working  AI's. Should I panic? Are my corals going to die on the side where the light used to be? I am assuming they will be sending me a replacement but I am not sure. I should also say this is a Red Sea Max 500, with some rock flower anemones , sps, lps.

Thank you

• Like 1

If it were me, I would personally remove the dead light and reposition the remaining two so as to evenly distribute the light as best I could.  I think that it wouldn't be ideal but better than leaving a third of the tank much darker until a replacement came in.  Interested to see how RS/AI handles your issue here.  Is it still under warranty?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, youcallmenny said:

If it were me, I would personally remove the dead light and reposition the remaining two so as to evenly distribute the light as best I could.  I think that it wouldn't be ideal but better than leaving a third of the tank much darker until a replacement came in.  Interested to see how RS/AI handles your issue here.  Is it still under warranty?

That is a good idea! I didn't even think about that! I ended up taking my refugium light and putting it in the spot.

I am pretty sure it is still under warranty. Hopefully.

• Like 1