Saltwater mixing station

The ReefBox

So trying to simplify my chores and well since I gotta new house, new tank...it’s time for making life easier I had the barrels but needed a pump Iwaki 50rlt (thanks Jeff at C&C) added a 300 watt ebo jaeger Hester, 4 port ADJ power strip BRS 5 stage RO/DI with a new booster pump and a Coralife digital thermometer to keep things at right temp and then lots of valves and pipe to make it all happen!!

6AECC2B3-2302-431C-B264-14522E0C0B88.jpeg

BD7F6C5C-74B7-45E5-B35C-837B013CD4F5.jpeg

12E786EA-DDCA-4F02-97F6-BE33E6C8307F.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Nice!  How many gallons are those barrels?

Do you have a way to run some 1/4" tubing from your mixing station to your sump to do automatic water changes?  That's the best thing I decided to do on my system.  Let me know if you want details on how I set it up.

I could very easily. I just don’t do many changes  testing out ATI essentials  I left myself with options to change things around as needed. They are 55 gallon drums. Can be had for 15-25 each. Sometimes free on forumn 

3 minutes ago, River City Corals said:

I could very easily. I just don’t do many changes  testing out ATI essentials  I left myself with options to change things around as needed. They are 55 gallon drums. Can be had for 15-25 each. Sometimes free on forumn 

I'm just doing daily 1.5 gallon water changes with a Neptune DOS from my 75 gallon storage tanks. If you ever decide to try it, it works amazingly well.

7 minutes ago, River City Corals said:

Will definitely keep that in mind for sure  how far away can it pump water  and where does waste water go?

My mixing station is in the garage, about 30 feet from my display tank in my living room.  I ran a 3/4" conduit through the wall and fed 3 poly tubes through the conduit, along with an AquaBus cable for the DOS to connect to my Apex.  The waste water drains into a utility sink next to my mixing station.  In addition to auto water changes, I'm using my 75 gallon RO/DI storage tank as my ATO reservoir.  I've heard of others running plumbing over 100 feet for the DOS with no problems.

IMG_2764.jpg

Orange tube = new salt water

Black tube = waste water

Blue tube = RO/DI for ATO

IMG_2593.JPG

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

What is the outlet size on your container? I’m having trouble finding the right connection for my 100g water tank. Looks the same as yours. The outlet on mine is 3/4” male. (Pictured) Your plumbing is exactly what I’m trying to achieve. What did you use for plumbing for your build? Really appreciate the help!

BB5CDE2F-8CC6-4F8D-B1FE-F37BB69735DA.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Area51Aquatics said:

What is the outlet size on your container? I’m having trouble finding the right connection for my 100g water tank. Looks the same as yours. The outlet on mine is 3/4” male. (Pictured) Your plumbing is exactly what I’m trying to achieve. What did you use for plumbing for your build? Really appreciate the help!

My storage tanks came with 1.25" female bulkheads.

I published a complete parts list in my build thread:  https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/suncrestreefs-red-sea-reefer-xl-425-build.358990/post-6173194

Just substitute the bulkhead adapters with the size you need, and everything else in my list should work for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another option is to order on-line from National Tank, and only order a tank within driving distance to pick it up yourself.  (skip the shipping fees)   

https://www.ntotank.com/vertical-storage-tanks

Enter your zip code, and be careful on the distance from you.   I picked mine up directly from Norwesco in Washougal.

Two of the 75 gallon tanks, for $140 /ea.  (when all was said and done)

https://www.ntotank.com/75gallon-norwesco-white-vertical-storage-tank-x9749447

• Like 1