50.3 WaterBox build

Flash21

Ok ok I told myself and perhaps others I would not start a build thread...after putting some thought into it I will.  As this will be a review on WaterBox as well.  

Tank 50.3 WaterBox.  

24” T-5 4 bulb, Lighting will be a loaner thanks to Scott! 

Stand will be built out of Maple Ply with rough oak barn door and 4” lip around tank. Built by ME (I may revise)

I will upgrade Return Pump...it came with a aquatop 470 gph. I was thinking to try out IM new mighty jet any thought or recommendations? 

I will also have to buy 20lbs more of sand or so. What is your favorite sand?! I was thinking the Bimini Sand ?!? 

My Waterbox came today.  First thoughts after unboxing was holy crap the Sump portion is HUGE.  The finish on the silicon is different then the IM and no corner bead like I’m use to! I couldn’t get over how big the sump area is! After my friend came over to help me bring it upstairs. We had set it next to the IM 25 lagoon...this is when I realized I love the tank! A tank on the floor in the garage just didn’t do justice for me at all.  

For a AIO tank having that big of sump area gives a lot of options for  extra equipment! I can see that in the near future I’ll add a doser and perhaps a skimmer.  

This weekend I will post some stand pics.  

D1647098-F52C-4A05-8F66-ABEEDF7D5D57.jpeg

Edited by Flash21
  • Like 3

The finish on the tank is nice next weekend I’ll post better picks. (Unless I get stand up stairs during the week)

Thanks Monkey.  I bought the Bimini pink  sand.  

I have two fish to add which is a wrasse and a yellow tang.  What else? I was thinking a pair of clowns and?

Update!!!

Stopped in at Jeff’s where Wife picked out some new fishes for the tank! A mated pair of clowns and a wrasse. 

Stand is getting close to being done.  Later next month I will start the barn doors.   

A6A31358-2CE1-4859-AD38-A638906FF916.jpeg

Edited by Flash21

6 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

where are the fish now? are you QTing them? if you don't have the kit to QT them I can lend you a 20 gallon QT setup. I think all you will need is a heater.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fish are at Jeffs until we have tank up.  I could install tank now but the clear still stinks! Thanks for the offer. I don’t like QTing things. 

Edited by Flash21

Hello There. Great looking setup. That wrasse, elegance coral and those rock anemones. Boy o Boy, they all look great.

I am considering this for my next setup. Is it possible for you to add some  pictures of the sump setup. How big are the baffles? Any dimensions will help. 

THANK YOU 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dev said:

Hello There. Great looking setup. That wrasse, elegance coral and those rock anemones. Boy o Boy, they all look great.

I am considering this for my next setup. Is it possible for you to add some  pictures of the sump setup. How big are the baffles? Any dimensions will help. 

THANK YOU 

Tonight I will measure the AIO sump area.   The back of it eats up 5”s into the tank display... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Looks outstanding Chris!  I really like the WaterBox and your lighting setup is awesome. Good idea incorporating the Prime's that way, I bet it looks even better in person.  Let me know when that bounce lays some eggs if you want to sell any. 

I have two of them and will split them at one point.  The Water Box and the tank is way way nicer in person. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I could be wrong but I foresee AIO becoming the new norm for nano tanks of 60g and less.

I have a waterbox 20g and when I upgrade it will probably be another Waterbox. Great construction and quality and at a very very friendly price.

Excited to see this! 

• Like 1