Suggestions? Super easy to install & program LED Light Fixtures ?

johnsmb

I would appreciate some help.  I have been in the hobby for a long number of years, but I am a very firm follower of the KISS method (Keep It Simple, Stupid); in addition I am technologically challenged and not good with power tools.   :)

So...…. I am in need of new lighting for my very simple 40 breeder - mostly softies, zoas, RBTAs and a few lps.  I have NO interest in sps; they are just not my thing.  So I don't need super-fantastic lights by any means.  I would like some kind of LED fixture(s).  Preferably in the $200-$400 range total (including any potential mounting brackets that might be needed). 

My requirements are that it must be super simple to set up - both physically and technically.  I really don't want a complicated light that I have to program; I would prefer to plug it in and turn it on, as easy as that.  And I would really prefer simple & easy mounting brackets; I do not want any kind of hanging lights.

So what are your thoughts on simple to program & install LED units for my pretty basic 40 breeder mixed reef?

Thank you!

Beth.

In that case I would look at 2 or 3 of the old AI Sol's they are only 3 Channels W/B/RB set that to 35%/80%/80% and be done with it, that would be Stupid Simple and work great and cheap, just have to keep an eye out for used ones. Otherwise AI Hydras, once you get control there are already presets for like 10k, 20k etc. that way you simply choose the coloration that suits you once and leave it alone. I'm sure there are several great options out there but those 2 come to mind when thinking of a simple fixture that you set the channels and leave it alone within the 200 - 400 range.

• Like 1

I would appreciate some help.  I have been in the hobby for a long number of years, but I am a very firm follower of the KISS method (Keep It Simple, Stupid); in addition I am technologically challenged and not good with power tools.   [emoji4]
So...…. I am in need of new lighting for my very simple 40 breeder - mostly softies, zoas, RBTAs and a few lps.  I have NO interest in sps; they are just not my thing.  So I don't need super-fantastic lights by any means.  I would like some kind of LED fixture(s).  Preferably in the $200-$400 range total (including any potential mounting brackets that might be needed). 
My requirements are that it must be super simple to set up - both physically and technically.  I really don't want a complicated light that I have to program; I would prefer to plug it in and turn it on, as easy as that.  And I would really prefer simple & easy mounting brackets; I do not want any kind of hanging lights.
So what are your thoughts on simple to program & install LED units for my pretty basic 40 breeder mixed reef?
Thank you!
Beth.
Check out MicMol LEDs on Amazon. Awesome lights and easy to program

MICMOL Smart LED Aquarium Light – Aqua Pro 120W Marine Dimmable Programmable Touch Control Full Spectrum for Coral Reef Fish Tank https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0788FS7MH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_JAhOBbXSCGT7H

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk