September Meet and Greet at Molokos

badxgillen

What do we have for September gatherings you ask? Well, it has been a while since we made it up to North Mississippi  to visit our friends at Moloko's so we decided to have a casual meet and greet at this sponsors awesome reef themed pub. If you have not been there you are missing out on a very unique establishment. This will be a perfect mingling opportunity prior to next months upcoming big Frag Fest event. We can chill out, relax, and talk salt or just get to know each other more... A far cry from the hustle and bustle of the Expos.

Being a meet and greet situation I think it would make sense to get a frag swap going on, I know many of us have some corals to trim and being two weeks away it makes for an ideal heal time on any of those fresh cuts. And since the shindig doesn't start until 4 it will give us a chance to shop at some of the Portland area saltwater stores prior, so bring a small cooler.

The address is-- 3967 N Mississippi Ave, Portland, OR 97227

Starts at 4:00PM until 6:00PM or whenever you want to go home on Saturday the 29th, they have a full service bar as well as some nice panini sandwiches amongst other edibles to choose from.

https://molokopdx.com/

Peninsula_tank_1024x1024111.jpg

bar_i3_zps933a806d111.jpg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Way to get all "detaily" on us Kim!  I will edit it just for you 😃

I also put it on the calendar just in case anyone looks at that...

It’s a sad day when I’m the detail person!

:joking:Moloko is a fun place :clap:I probably can’t make it anyway my weekends are full in September.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ah. I just saw there's another post about the swap!

Anyway. We're stoked to be having all our aquarium friends coming over! We also have classic Nintendo & Super Nintendo available for your enjoyment, which might be a new addition since your last visit. It's a real game-changer. :)

See you Saturday!

Edited by maxicurls
Posted in wrong thread
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, maxicurls said:

Ah. I just saw there's another post about the swap!

Anyway. We're stoked to be having all our aquarium friends coming over! We also have classic Nintendo & Super Nintendo available for your enjoyment, which might be a new addition since your last visit. It's a real game-changer. :)

See you Saturday!

Believe it or not, that awful pun about the Nintendo being a "game-changer" was totally unintentional.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, maxicurls said:

Believe it or not, that awful pun about the Nintendo being a "game-changer" was totally unintentional.

Those are always the best!  Bummed that I will miss this one since we will be out of town.  Always love stopping in to check on the tanks when we are down on Mississippi but have never seen the basement setup that runs it all.

• Like 1

Yikes!!! The meeting is in less than 24 hours! I gotta get my coolers, bags, and rubberbands together to pack up some corals in the morning, gotta leave Corvallis before noon to make all the stops and meetings in Portland, it will be worth it though. Molokos with the right friends makes for a great night, see you all there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badxgillen said:

Yikes!!! The meeting is in less than 24 hours! I gotta get my coolers, bags, and rubberbands together to pack up some corals in the morning, gotta leave Corvallis before noon to make all the stops and meetings in Portland, it will be worth it though. Molokos with the right friends makes for a great night, see you all there.

Sorry I will miss you Bert - would have enjoyed hanging out and talking some shop with everyone. 

• Like 1

It was great to see all of you who showed up for this meet and greet, it was a nice time. I have never been to Moloko's so this was a kewl place to hang out and just relax for a bit. Thank you Christian for opening your bar for us to have our meeting! Thanks again to all of those that made this meeting happen and all those involved your efforts don't go unnoticed thank you 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuncrestReef said:

I was laughing to myself about what non-aquarists who came into the bar must have been thinking as you guys were trading and/or buying bags of white powder. 😂

And just to set the record straight they were not small bags either, they were 1 pound bags.  But they were clearly marked with potassium chloride 😂

• Haha 1