Frags

Snappy

Several frags for sale. I'm in Salem and will deliver in Salem area for $20 or over. 

(#4) Green dwarf anemones, 4 on the small rock. $15 OBO

(#5) Bright red mushroom, $10 obo 

(#6) Pink mushroom with blue spots $10 obo

(#7) Red and green favites frag, a bit bigger around than a quarter, and covered on all sides. $20 obo

(#3) Blue cactus coral, fist sized mother coral for $20, or $5 for small frags. 

Lots of the blue/purple/turquoise mushrooms at 2 for $5. Get one or two for free with any other purchase. 

Also, 2 large reef rocks, covered in palys and mushrooms. I'd like to see them used in a fish only with live rock perhaps. Common palys and mushrooms, so they come included in the price of the reef rock. Hard to tell what they weigh, but the 2 of them make up roughly half of my 28 gallon reef. Rocks have elaborate shapes and were used in a 200 gallon showcase reef tank that was on display in a shop that closed down a couple years ago. I got them on discount the day the shop was closing down, and I'll pass the savings on to you. I think I paid about $30 for the one (#2) and $50 for the other(#1)IMG_1683.thumb.JPG.0314cbdfede7f46d9a9c8c0ac88eb6d1.JPG. Both have about that much worth of extra mushrooms attached. If you happen to be a first time reefer or have a tank for students, make me an offer or plead your case and I might let them go for free to a great home. 

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1685.JPG

• Like 1

Bump again, for all you cheapskates. I'm literally selling my frags for less than I paid, with double the growth. 

$5 for any mushroom

$10 for anemone rock

$10 for cactus coral

$2 per pound for live rock. 

Im not eager to trade stuff in at the local fish shop. Last time I tried, I got very little in return. It was essentially a donation. 

Edited by Snappy

58 minutes ago, Snappy said:

Bump again, for all you cheapskates. I'm literally selling my frags for less than I paid, with double the growth. 

$5 for any mushroom

$10 for anemone rock

$10 for cactus coral

$2 per pound for live rock. 

Im not eager to trade stuff in at the local fish shop. Last time I tried, I got very little in return. It was essentially a donation. 

Just a little bitter bud...geez! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Its the weekend now. Id really like to unload some of the corals so I can begin my aquascaping project. I've had 5-6 replies now, but zero follow through. Yes R-3 I am getting a bit bitter. I've had multiple people message me and set up a time with me, then not reply back to messages.  I'm offering corals for less than I paid (often bought at discount to begin with) with substantial growth. Perhaps I'm new here so people are messing with me? Anyhow, I've been trying to get this project done for waaaay too long. I'd really like to get my aquarium cleared out of the last few corals on the sand. Great chance for someone to snag some discount corals and take advantage of my loss.

BTW, I have only the one tank and it's 28 gallons. I like all the corals I have, but don't have room for them. My house is small and crowded to begin with, so it's more likely I would lose my current aquarium than to get a 2nd. If I had room, I'd love to have just put the corals into a 2nd tank and let them keep growing. However, my current situation is a crowded 28 gallons. I have a coral beauty that nips corals, and killed my small schooling fish. I can net him out till I make more room in the tank though. Sad learning situation.

Happy hunting all

• 2 weeks later...

I get that stuff happens, its just hard when I'm trying to help the community. I'm not asking high prices, I'm actually asking less than I paid. Would love to add a 2nd tank and just migrate my grow outs to it, but my house is tiny and even my 28 gallons crowds my place. I've posted multiple ads over months now and spend a good bit of time with pictures and descriptions. Aside from a frag and fish swap a year ago, I havent had one single pnwmas reply actually follow through yet.

5 hours ago, Snappy said:

I get that stuff happens, its just hard when I'm trying to help the community. I'm not asking high prices, I'm actually asking less than I paid. Would love to add a 2nd tank and just migrate my grow outs to it, but my house is tiny and even my 28 gallons crowds my place. I've posted multiple ads over months now and spend a good bit of time with pictures and descriptions. Aside from a frag and fish swap a year ago, I havent had one single pnwmas reply actually follow through yet.

Wow - that is disappointing to hear.  I haven't personally experienced that although I don't typically post a lot of classifieds.  People typically seem to follow through with the frag swaps at meetings so not sure why you are having such bad luck with your ads.  Hope it improves for you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snappy said:

fish flakes is a great term too lol

My sig for years now...................and yes have been around and seen many a flake :popcorn:

I have found it hard at times to sell local on this forum......even when giving things away there are flakes.........its hard.

Good luck and things will work out!

Edited by spectra
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, spectra said:

My sig for years now...................and yes have been around and seen many a flake :popcorn:

I have found it hard at times to sell local on this forum......even when giving things away there are flakes.........its hard.

Good luck and things will work out!

Hey man - where have you been?  Took a post about internet fish flakes to draw you out 😏

• Haha 2

I been here every day or every other one. lol

I did sell numbers 3-7 yesterday, which was nice. Got less than half what I was originally asking, but its out of the tank and I finally have a little space to work with.

I still have 2 large pieces of live rock that are covered in palys and mushrooms. If anyone wants a great piece or two for a fish only wish live rock, it would be ideal. Invasive palys, so not great for an established reef. I'll post new pics if necessary

20 minutes ago, Snappy said:

I been here every day or every other one. lol

I did sell numbers 3-7 yesterday, which was nice. Got less than half what I was originally asking, but its out of the tank and I finally have a little space to work with.

Sorry... my snarky comment was meant for Scott (Spectra,) wasn't trying to give you grief - hope you didn't take that wrong.  

Glad you were able to find some takers on your pieces.  Pricing is always tricky and hard to predict but at least you got something back on them.  Good luck with the rest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2